IGNORED

Trialist Keeper

GrahamC

As we're giving Colin Stewart a game tomorrow I'd be interested to know what anyone who goes to Hereford makes of him.

Despite some typical lazy local journalism saying he was last at Kilmarnock, Stewart has actually been Ross County's keeper for the last two seasons, is 6ft 3 and aged 25.

He has quite a bit of Scottish Division One experience with a few clubs but how that compares to our level is a moot point (remember Lee Miller?).

Anyway with our transfer kitty seemingly pretty slender and Wayne Henderson having gone back to Villa, I reckon a decent performance tomorrow could see him given the chance to earn a contract and be Steve Phillips' understudy.

He has quite a bit of Scottish Division One experience with a few clubs but how that compares to our level is a moot point (remember Lee Miller?).

Well yes, he was/is an intelligent, skillful footballer.

It is just that he had neither the pace or the strength to make a difference in this division - Lord knows how Wilson persuaded the board that 300k for a lightweight 20 year-old was the best use of their cash at the time?, especially as Steve Howard could have been had for next to nowt.

As for the goalie bloke, at 6'3" and a decent age he could be an interesting prospect, I'd be interested in eye-witness reports too.

• Admin
As we're giving Colin Stewart a game tomorrow I'd be interested to know what anyone who goes to Hereford makes of him.

Despite some typical lazy local journalism saying he was last at Kilmarnock, Stewart has actually been Ross County's keeper for the last two seasons, is 6ft 3 and aged 25.

Anyway with our transfer kitty seemingly pretty slender and Wayne Henderson having gone back to Villa, I reckon a decent performance tomorrow could see him given the chance to earn a contract and be Steve Phillips' understudy.

I'm interested for a different reason.....

This guy is actually a pretty damn decent goalie on Football Manager for the PC & was actually my goalie one season when winning the Champions League Final with City.....

I'll take that as being an omen dance.gif

What about Henderson from Villa also on trial? Anyone know anything about him...

He's younger so more likely to be content to play understudy to Phillips and also more chance of developing into a really decent player as opposed to one who isn't even wanted in Scotland...

Archived