IGNORED

Clevedon

Cider_Army

Fair result quite competitive, City had Orr at centre back Goldbourne at left back, Scotty Brown in the centre, Grant Smith wide left with Murray and Bulborough up front, the rest were acedemy youngsters.

Goals from Lamb (though I stand to be corrected on that) a cracker from 20 yards and Grant Smith after a keeper fumble.

Thought Scott Brown was industrious as normal, while Smith showed some nice touches though didn't get involved a great deal in my opinion. Bradley wasn't the best in a shaky defence while Scott Goldbourne can step up a few notches on that display. Up front Scotty Murray worked hard but looked a little lost and big Bulborough did well in the air but was well marshalled generally by ex gas Billy Clark amongst others.

Last 20 mins was nearly all kids, Clevedon missed a pen as well the City trialist keeper looked a bit dodgy, don't really know all the kids though one on the wing little Joe Flurry (I think) showed some nice touches.

Scott Murray looked lively, quick and interested. Clevedon treated him accordingly and always seemed to have at least 2 players marking him, sometimes more!

Grant Smith looked useful at crossing the ball. Scott brown was his usual hardworking self.

I was surprised though how ordinary our players looked against clevedon, there wasn't much in it. Clevedon worked hard as a team whereas we sometimes looked disjointed and wanted too much time on the ball. They hassled us and gave us no time. I expected us to step up a gear but we never quite managed it. No one seemed to be prepared to lead on the pitch.

It just shows you need both youth and experience. I noticed Walshy getting a bit animated at times, he didn't look like he was liking what he saw very much!

Grant smith had some good touches but seemed a little lost on the wing. Murray ws trying to hard and was a bit to greedy when simple pass would of done. Burborough did well up front and stood his ground against billy clark. Defensively we lookeds hocking and bradley orrs distriution was awful. Thought some of the youngsters played well but difficult to tell for must be first time all played together so distribution was lacking some time. For a fitness run out quite good.

Archived