IGNORED

I'm Thinking About Buying A Ticket For The

Mr Gow

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I did it last time we played there, it is hard to contain yourself as the City keeper saves a last min penalty haha.

It is worth a trip to the sag end, just to appreciate how scruffy their fans are!

Didnt manage to secure a ticket for the away end but want to watch the match just wondering if anyone else is thinking of buying a ticket from the sags?

I thought Dr.Faustus offered you a ticket for the home end...... but you said no thanks.

I bet you could not put up with those old school gassers cutting themselves putting razor blades in potatoes all through the game biggrin.gif

I thought Dr.Faustus offered you a ticket for the home end...... but you said no thanks.

I bet you could not put up with those old school gassers cutting themselves putting razor blades in potatoes all through the game  biggrin.gif

it was only a voucher Dr.Faustus offered me

I have only ever been in the gas end once and that was gas vs Notts County - like watching Rugby with the height on the ball from one end to the other...

Anyways, in short - you will probably be fine. As you would in any group of people. You may encounter some trouble but as long as you are relatively contained and sensible I cant see that you should have a problem. If it feels edgy, just move.

I watched the FA Cup tie at Eastville in early eighties from the Gasheads stand (the one which didn't burn)

I went with my Brother in Law and this was the only way we could get tickets

It was crammed with Gas as they were near top of old Third Div and we were in the Fourth so they expected a win...

We won 2-1 on the day (one nil down two one up..we knocked Rovers out the cup..la la lala la lala la la) with a late Goal from Martyn Hirst (I think) who was a student playing footie for City part time.

I punched the air in delight whn the winner went in and my Brother in law grabbed my arm and pulled it down and said " Oh dear...we better leave" or words to that effect, so we left early with what felt like 3000+ Sag head eyes burning into our backs..

I guess we wern't the only Reds in the Gas areas that day as I remember outside it was resembling a scene from "come Dancing" (Pick your Partners time!)

We ended up being chased up towards Eastville Park but with massive smiles on our faces..

Oh it is so nice to Beat them...I can never sleep the night before a "REAL" Derby - never have been able to , the excitement and dread of defeat is too much.

As for this "Friendly" IMO it is a complete waste of time & effort that can only benefit the Gasheads.

I for one will not give any money to them - ever

farmer.gif

Didnt manage to secure a ticket for the away end but want to watch the match just wondering if anyone else is thinking of buying a ticket from the sags?

I'd be carefull if I were you.

You can get some mental people in the Blackthorn End.

Archived