IGNORED

Hereford United 0 Bcfc 4

Mr Mosquito

...a great day out in Hereford for the 317 travelling BCFC faithful saw Marcus Stewart put in a masterful display up front supplying precision passes for the first 3 goals. Marcus would probably have created the last goal had he not been substituted with about 20 minutes left. Marcus sat out the last 20 minutes shirtless in the bright sunshine - probably to top up his already impressive tan? biggrin.gif

2 goals from Gillespie, one from Scuse and one from Cotterell rounded an impressive performance against a disappointing Hereford side. A great display by our new Scottish goalie - don't know his name - and by Matt Heyward (Yule Bryner?) tamed the Hereford attack for the whole game. city.gif

The day was slightly marred by the presence of so many corrupt West Mercia Gestapo Police outside the ground but we do, after all, live in a Royalist Police state. ph34r.gifwhistling.gif

Att: 1,100

...a great day out in Hereford for the 317 travelling BCFC faithful saw Marcus Stewart put in a masterful display up front supplying precision passes for the first 3 goals. Marcus would probably have created the last goal had he not been substituted with about 20 minutes left. Marcus sat out the last 20 minutes shirtless in the bright sunshine - probably to top up his already impressive tan?  biggrin.gif 

2 goals from Gillespie, one from Scuse and one from Cotterell rounded an impressive performance against a disappointing Hereford side. A great display by our new Scottish goalie - don't know his name - and by Matt Heyward (Yule Bryner?) tamed the Hereford attack for the whole game.  city.gif

The day was slightly marred by the presence of so many corrupt West Mercia Gestapo Police outside the ground but we do, after all, live in a Royalist Police state.  ph34r.gif  whistling.gif 

Colin STEWART the goalie, didnt he have a ummmm voice on him; The police must of followed you cause I didnt see one and I was in town from 10.30 ohmy.gif

Nice one mate.

Any chance of a Bristol Boy type analysis of the players to let us know who looked hot and who's still warming up?

I'll try......

Our new Scottish Goalie - Colin Stewart? - 9/10 - a good clean sheet though not really tested thanks to Hayward and Coles - commanded his area well shouting clear instructions that could be heard the length of the ground. biggrin.gif

Matt Heyward - 9/10 - got his bald bonce to almost every high ball - headed or booted the ball well clear every time he was tested to cripple any dangerous Hereford attacks.

Coles - 8/10 - not really in the game as much as Heyward but solid at the back.

Marcus Stewart - 10/10 - awesome and a class above any other player on the pitch. Precision passing demoralised the Hereford defence.

Gillespie - 7/10 - would have earned 9/10 but for a terrible miss to deny himself a hat-trick. Gillespie took two well taken goals when one on one with the keeper but managed to kick over from about 8 yards when in front of goal with no one to beat. doh.gif

The rest of the team were OK with a solid workman like performance on what was a hot sunny day.

West Mercia Gestapo Police - 10/10 - for corruption. w00t.gifwhistling.gif

Colin STEWART the goalie, didnt he have a ummmm voice on him; The police must of followed you cause I didnt see one and I was in town from 10.30 ohmy.gif

Didn't you notice the 2 Police vans outside our end along with several Police cars at the end of the game? A total waste of taxpayers money for what was a friendly fixture. disapointed2se.gif It's about time the West Mercia Gestapo Police became more accountable to the taxpayers. farmer.gif

Thanks, never thought you'd give the top fella pigs a 10!

But perhaps Gilly will benefit from Stewart experience and be one of the 'most improved' this season.

I hope so, starting to look forward to the season now.....

Snoz.

Reason for edit, everytime I type in top fella it prints top fella...

I'll try the full team;

Stewart - 9/10 - Looked composed and commanding of his defence, his kicking is already better than that of Steve Phillips & looke confident between the sticks, an impressive performance.

Carey - 7/10 - Lacked something at times and seemed to switch between wing-back, centre-half & attacking midfielder every few seconds. Overall played well but will have to step up his game before the new season.

Heywood - 10/10 - Really enjoyed the game I gathered, looked impressive & made complicated & skillful defending look easy. Bossed the aerial game, just what we need.

Coles - 6/10 - Lacklustre at times, but on the whole was a good marker & tried to keep the Hereford players at bay.

Woodman - 6/10 - Went missing for large parts of the first half and when they played long balls down their right-wing we were often scuppered, showed that he can't shoot for toffee, but better than I have previously seen him.

Skuse - 8/10 - A confident all round performance, looks alot older than he really is and a good replacement for Tommy. Has a long career ahead of him, took his goal very well.

Wilkshire - 6/10 - Seemed to have little awareness of what was going on around him, be it with the Hereford or City players. Good at times but on the whole lost the ball too much.

Cotteril - 8/10 - Showed alot of skill down the wing, a good performance from Dave but could have been more confident in front of goal.

Harley - 7/10 - Not a bad performance having never seen him before, didn't do alot but that may be because of Woodman. Did well when he had the chance.

Stewart - 8/10 - His passing & awareness were absolutely brilliant, but his pace let him down slightly and his shooting boots were not with him today. Looks good though, with a little more fitness & team experience under his belt he will run rings around even Forest's defence.

Gillespie - 9/10 - Blew one or two chances, but on the whle his passing and shooting was impressive for someone with such a small amount of first-team football. A good backup for Stewart & Brooker, and looked good with Marcus today.

SUBS

Ballinger - 8/10 - Very impressive, good crossing & quick feet. Never seen or heard of him before, right-wing problem is sorted already.

Smith - 7/10 - Majorly quiet, did what he needed to and little else.

Taylor - 6/10 - Didn't have time to impress, but what he did wasn't overly great.

Grubb - 7/10 - Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, with another few years under him could be the new Leroy.

Williams - 8/10 - Good with his feet & with the ball, should be a good left-winger some day.

Jones - Unkown.

smile.gif

They could have picked a better picture for the main site.

The pic right at the bottom, with the caption "City fans turn out in force to see Marcus Stewarts debut."

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~686463,00.html

Well the three kiddies with the baseball hats on looked pleased enough, but the other two boys, well they look like they were either gasheads forced to come as a punishment, or we were losing 24 nil! (miserable sods) Come on whoever picks the pictures that go on the site, maybe a bit more of a happier one next time!

Dollymarie

Yes , a good day out . Nice to see the boys in action .Marcus Stewart looked class and Matt Heyward looks like he will be able to organise the defence this season . He won everything in the air and was bossing Coles about , which is a good thing . Early days yet , but he does look a bit one paced and could be troubled by the quicker forwards in this division ( Roberts - Swindon whistling.gif ).

Any one else noticed that Ryan Harley struts around in a very similar fashion to that of Matt Hewlett of a few seasons ago .

Also the guy by the side of the pitch with his laptop, was that MaloneFM broadcasting from Edgar Street ? ohmy.gif

That's a good write up Ron... And I was just going to try and do a write up for some of the players the Goblin missed out. I too have to give Heywood 10/10 mind, as he did his job perfect at the back, whilst Stewart up front created the first 3 goals beautifully and showed us that he is indeed an unselfish team player that will help contribute to many more first team goals. I was also impressed by Cole Skuse, bar his one blunder where he smacked out a ball into the away stand from the centre of midfield from receiving a good pass. Cotterill looked good as well in parts along with Gillespie's good attacking pace. Colin Stewart had good game in goal, but as the Goblin said, he was rather untested from any fast paces shots to either side of the goal. Still, overall of course I'm more than happy with the result and I hope we can keep up this good pace into our next few pre-season friendlies.

I'll try the full team;

Stewart - 9/10 - Looked composed and commanding of his defence, his kicking is already better than that of Steve Phillips & looke confident between the sticks, an impressive performance.

Carey - 7/10 - Lacked something at times and seemed to switch between wing-back, centre-half & attacking midfielder every few seconds. Overall played well but will have to step up his game before the new season.

Heywood - 10/10 - Really enjoyed the game I gathered, looked impressive & made complicated & skillful defending look easy. Bossed the aerial game, just what we need.

Coles - 6/10 - Lacklustre at times, but on the whole was a good marker & tried to keep the Hereford players at bay.

Woodman - 6/10 - Went missing for large parts of the first half and when they played long balls down their right-wing we were often scuppered, showed that he can't shoot for toffee, but better than I have previously seen him.

Skuse - 8/10 - A confident all round performance, looks alot older than he really is and a good replacement for Tommy. Has a long career ahead of him, took his goal very well.

Wilkshire - 6/10 - Seemed to have little awareness of what was going on around him, be it with the Hereford or City players. Good at times but on the whole lost the ball too much.

Cotteril - 8/10 - Showed alot of skill down the wing, a good performance from Dave but could have been more confident in front of goal.

Harley - 7/10 - Not a bad performance having never seen him before, didn't do alot but that may be because of Woodman. Did well when he had the chance.

Stewart - 8/10 - His passing & awareness were absolutely brilliant, but his pace let him down slightly and his shooting boots were not with him today. Looks good though, with a little more fitness & team experience under his belt he will run rings around even Forest's defence.

Gillespie - 9/10 - Blew one or two chances, but on the whle his passing and shooting was impressive for someone with such a small amount of first-team football. A good backup for Stewart & Brooker, and looked good with Marcus today.

SUBS

Ballinger - 8/10 - Very impressive, good crossing & quick feet. Never seen or heard of him before, right-wing problem is sorted already.

Taylor - 6/10 - Didn't have time to impress, but what he did wasn't overly great.

Grubb - 7/10 - Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, with another few years under him could be the new Leroy.

Williams - 8/10 - Good with his feet & with the ball, should be a good left-winger some day.

Jones - Unkown.

smile.gif

I am presuming that Ballinger fellow is the one who one the Shooting Stars competition a little while ago. However for some reason I thought he was a striker.

Guest Moose
I'll try the full team;

SUBS

Jones - Unkown.

smile.gif

Top job Ron, can't argue with much there!!!

I'd add that Carey looked sharp at right back, but looked less impressive as the left side centre back after the subs started comin' on and he got shifted.

And the same can be said for Dave "Frampton" Cots - very sharp on the wing, but faded when moved up front as a striker to partner Gillespie.

Jamie Smith was VERY supportive (vocally....) of the new lads in the later stages - you can see why he got the captins armband last year. He seemed to lack vision in his own game though - couple of attempted complicated moves not comin' off when a simple option was available.

You could see Gils and Marcus working on their communication up front too - that'll be key come August 6th.

Finally, where the hell was Brooker??????

Moose.

P.S. The bar in the building over the road from the ground (theatre???) was plod free - few kids runnin' around though......

Guest C.T.I.D
...a great day out in Hereford for the 317 travelling BCFC faithful saw Marcus Stewart put in a masterful display up front supplying precision passes for the first 3 goals. Marcus would probably have created the last goal had he not been substituted with about 20 minutes left. Marcus sat out the last 20 minutes shirtless in the bright sunshine - probably to top up his already impressive tan?  biggrin.gif 

2 goals from Gillespie, one from Scuse and one from Cotterell rounded an impressive performance against a disappointing Hereford side. A great display by our new Scottish goalie - don't know his name - and by Matt Heyward (Yule Bryner?) tamed the Hereford attack for the whole game.  city.gif

The day was slightly marred by the presence of so many corrupt West Mercia Gestapo Police outside the ground but we do, after all, live in a Royalist Police state.  ph34r.gif  whistling.gif 

So Matty Heywood was the defender we've been lacking then dance.gif

Finally, where the hell was Brooker??????

Moose.

P.S. The bar in the building over the road from the ground (theatre???) was plod free - few kids runnin' around though......

Someone said at the game that Stevie Brooker had hurt his ankle - I don't know anymore than that.

Guest C.T.I.D
Matt Heywood will become a BCFC cult hero if he puts in more performances like todays !!!!!  city.gif  Matt Heywood totally stunned the Hereford attack with his timely interceptions.

kinda contradicts 'stfcdaves' comments now doesn't it dance.gif

Guest C.T.I.D
Looking at the pics on the main site, how refreshing is the one of Matty Heywood!!

Havent seen that at the gate for a long long while!

he looked imposing when i seen him training but in that photo he looks massive

Guest Moose
Steve Brooker has ankle injury, should be fit by Monday, one of the highlights of my day Smith shouting at Ballinger whenever he got the ball 'run at him son make him sweat' that was quality!!

Yeah, me too on the Smith comment - clearly earning his weekly pay by working with the young 'uns. Also, the big Scottish thing in goal came off his line a few times and took the ball outta the air - now we haven't seen that for a while at AG????

kinda contradicts 'stfcdaves' comments now doesn't it dance.gif

Matt Heywood had a full game against Hereford and totally dominated throughout. If he can do the same in Div 1 for us he'll save us about 10 points - maybe the difference between a play-off and auto-promotion place??!!! - he's a very big, strong and composed defender. If I was a Swindon fan like STFCDave I'd be thoroughly fed up having lost him. laugh.gif

Archived