IGNORED

Murrey Lets Get Real

Red Robin

If we all think back to when Murrey went to the Royals we were all gutted.

We hit this forum with a vengance against the board when he was sold.

We all wanted him to stay.

When he returned we could not believe our luck, magnificent we all thought.

Lat season we were all aware how poor he performed,and was not worth his place.

This season he has to get back to a couple of seasons ago form or he is finished with city,the younger lads will take his place.

Scotty if you read this get back to the basics the things you do best don't try taking on the hole team.

This is massive season for you.

Regards Leroys departure we have more than a capable replacement in MARCUS STEWERT.

Stephen Gillespie will shine this year always thought he would score goals,he can be our Heffernan waiting in the wings if STEWY OR BROOKS don't perform.

I don't know what the physios done to Scott Murray at Reading (regarding his injuries, hamstring I think) but his acceleration (ie. speed of the blocks) is at least 40% down on when he left us and if you wanted any evidence of this in the first half of the Doncaster home game (last game of the 04/05 season) a Doncaster attack broke down and Phillips had the ball in his area and threw it out to Murray on the right wing who controled it and started stride forward towards the Doncaster half, within seconds he was tackled by a Doncaster player who was at least 10 yards away from Scott when he first controlled the ball. Let us hope he is fitter this season as pace is 95% of Scott Murrays' game.

BCAGFC

Guest ashtonyate
I don't know what the physios done to Scott Murray at Reading (regarding his injuries, hamstring I think) but his acceleration (ie. speed of the blocks) is at least 40% down on when he left us and if you wanted any evidence of this in the first half of the Doncaster home game (last game of the 04/05 season) a Doncaster attack broke down and Phillips had the ball in his area and threw it out to Murray on the right wing who controled it and started stride forward towards the Doncaster half, within seconds he was tackled by a Doncaster player who was at least 10 yards away from Scott when he first controlled the ball. Let us hope he is fitter this season as pace is 95% of Scott Murrays' game.

BCAGFC

My view is we should never have had him back,he could not get into a team in the league we are hopeing to get into.He has lost his pace now and has not got the skill too make up for it.

• Admin
My view is we should never have had him back,he could not get into a team in the league we are hopeing to get into.He has lost his pace now and has not got  the skill too make up for it.

Right.

So your view seems to be, we shouldn't have an Academy because it's a waste of money that could be spent on transfers.

We shouldn't buy players from teams in a lower position than us in the division.

We shouldn't buy players from teams in a higher division unless they are first team regulars.

So, the players we will be buying when you are chairman manager will be a) playing in a higher division b) a first team regular in a higher division c) between 25 and 26 years of age.

Is it only me that can see the flaws in this idea?

Guest ashtonyate
Right.

So your view seems to be, we shouldn't have an Academy because it's a waste of money that could be spent on transfers.

We shouldn't buy players from teams in a lower position than us in the division.

We shouldn't buy players from teams in a higher division unless they are first team regulars.

So, the players we will be buying when you are chairman manager will be a) playing in a higher division b) a first team regular in a higher division c) between 25 and 26 years of age.

Is it only me that can see the flaws in this idea?

The Academy is a waste of money ok ,I have never said we should not buy players from lower division.WE should be looking at players in lower division and ex academy players from exit trials.

Scott Murray could not get in to Reading first team so why buy a player that can not perform in the division we are hopeing to get into, and we over the top for him

• Admin
The Academy is a waste of money ok ,I have never said we should not buy players from lower division.WE should be looking at players in lower division and ex academy players from exit trials.

Scott Murray could not get in to Reading first team so why buy a player that can not perform in the division we are hopeing to get into, and we over the top for him

Ok, so to refine the pool of players you would be using:

Players from lower divisions and rejected Premiership Academy players.

I still say: Is it only me that can see the flaws in this idea?

Yep, it's a waste of money, the £1 Million for Lita was a conspiracy whistling.gif

Guest ashtonyate
Another flaw to add to Ashtonyate's plans:

Don't we get first pick on rejected Premiership academy prospects, since we have an academy ourselves?

In which case if we got rid of the academy we'd get worse than the second best.

Here we go again you don't need an academy to attend exit trials its for players who have finished their apprentaships and are not being signed on by their club.

We should get our players from Bosmans, lower league football, centre of excellence, instead of academy and the transfer market.

Not tie up money in academy if you take all the money we have got from selling academy players we would still be 3 Million out of pocket.In the time the academy has been running we have 1 player {coles and he might be off yet}and a load of 18 year olds to show from 6/7 years it has been running and you don't know what will happend when they go to sign a contract.

Now Tinnion want to start putting our young academy players on long term contracts the last time we done that the club when bankrupt.

Very few fan realised that the academy has stoped us from getting promotion time and time again because we cant pay the money to the better sign players or pay a transfer fee to sign any one.Its about time some of you got your head out of the sands and see what is going on.

Archived