IGNORED

The Squad

Bristol Boy

I would judge the squad as definite play off material.

With a fair run of form/luck AND without major injuries, I would expect this squad to reach the play offs, however, I would bet against it acheiving automatic promotion, unless Tins finds the 3 or 4 players he's looking for and SL loosens the purse strings. to aid that.

A poor start will dent our confidence, which, after being boosted by the four summer signings, has returned to the end of last seasons "fragile," state.

We have a tough start in what will be a tougher League than last year, IMHO.

Coles situation will need to be sorted out and I've already posted that he'd be gone unless he signs another contract, right after we sign two central defenders, one as a replacement and the other we need even if he does sign.

The players Tins is looking for are well documented and, looking at the squad, fairly obvious, as we strive for a 24 man squad, with cover for all positions and types.

GK

CH

TM

RM/LM

The players we wanted to leave have gone........closely followed by two we didn't in Lita & Anyinsah.

Our management team & scouts will have to show their worth as they scour the reserve teams of Championship & Premiership clubs,plus the first teams of League One & Two teams, for hidden treasures that must surely be there.

We know £125k is available because that's what we were going to pay for Coughlan.

The question is how much more do we have for fees?

Can we commit to signings or must the incoming players be on seasons loans?

The Squad

GK:Phillips (1)

RB:Smith (J),Carey,Orr,Jones. (4)

LB:Golbourne,Woodman,Fortune. (3)

CH:Heywood (1)

CB:Coles,Fortune,Carey, Skuse,Orr.(5)

RM:Murray,Cotterill.(2)

CM:Russell, Wilkshire,Harley,Brown,Skuse,Smith (G).(6)

LM:Smith (G) (1)

CF:Brooker,B'Borough. (2)..That's if B/Boro makes it!

IF:Stewart,Gillespie,Cotterill (3)

We've just under a month to ensure that we're in good shape to go for the Championship.

LL should have made his intentions clear far earlier and then Tins could have planned for losing him (actually he should have planned for it anyway).

The Coles situation needs to be addressed, so that we know one way or the other.

Now we'll really see the clubs ambition & intentions moving forward.

Guest roejowland

this is confusing, why is CH different to CB, what is IF, i think that this is confusing even to a well known genius like me. Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

I'll wager good money that another centre back will only come in now IF Coles leaves.

The new back up keeper will be the guy who played at Hereford and that we make just one other signing, a target man, starting with a squad of just 22.

I'll wager good money that another centre back will only come in now IF Coles leaves.

The new back up keeper will be the guy who played at Hereford and that we make just one other signing, a target man, starting with a squad of just 22.

Now is that IF an if or an inside forward...? Cos I always thought Coles was a defender...

this is confusing,  why is CH different to CB, what is IF,  i think that this is confusing even to a well known genius like me. Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

IF = Inside Forward-Smaller Guy-Not a Target Man.

CH = Ball winning centre half as opposed to centre back-as Coles, Carey & Fortune proved last year.

Craig Ireland,Coughlan, Sean Taylor--that kind of player!

I would judge the squad as definite play off material.

With a fair run of form/luck AND without major injuries, I would expect this squad to reach the play offs, however, I would bet against it acheiving automatic promotion, unless Tins finds the 3 or 4 players he's looking for and SL loosens the purse strings. to aid that.

A poor start will dent our confidence, which, after being boosted by the four summer signings, has returned to the end of last seasons "fragile," state.

We have a tough start in what will be a tougher League than last year, IMHO.

Coles situation will need to be sorted out and I've already posted that he'd be gone unless he signs another contract, right after we sign two central defenders, one as a replacement and the other we need even if he does sign.

The players Tins is looking for are well documented and, looking at the squad, fairly obvious, as we strive for a 24 man squad, with cover for all positions and types.

GK

CH

TM

RM/LM

The players we wanted to leave have gone........closely followed by two we didn't in Lita & Anyinsah.

Our management team & scouts will have to show their worth as they scour the reserve teams of Championship & Premiership clubs,plus the first teams of League One & Two teams, for hidden treasures that must surely be there.

We know £125k is available because that's what we were going to pay for Coughlan.

The question is how much more do we have for fees?

Can we commit to signings or must the incoming players be on seasons loans?

The Squad

GK:Phillips (1)

RB:Smith (J),Carey,Orr,Jones. (4)

LB:Golbourne,Woodman,Fortune. (3)

CH:Heywood (1)

CB:Coles,Fortune,Carey, Skuse,Orr.(5)

RM:Murray,Cotterill.(2)

CM:Russell, Wilkshire,Harley,Brown,Skuse,Smith (G).(6)

LM:Smith (G) (1)

CF:Brooker,B'Borough. (2)..That's if B/Boro makes it!

IF:Stewart,Gillespie,Cotterill (3)

We've just under a month to ensure that we're in good shape to go for the Championship.

LL should have made his intentions clear far earlier and then Tins could have planned for losing him (actually he should have planned for it anyway).

The Coles situation needs to be addressed, so that we know one way or the other.

Now we'll really see the clubs ambition & intentions moving forward.

Agreee with most of that except you cant blame tinman or LL for him going - Tinman is on record as saying he expected him to stay till xmas - so he obviously thought he wouldn't sign a new contract - and obviously LL and the chairman were surprised by the timing but it was an offer they couldn't refuse.

Agreee with most of that except you cant blame tinman or LL for him going - Tinman is on record as saying he expected him to stay till xmas - so he obviously thought he wouldn't sign a new contract - and obviously LL and the chairman were surprised by the timing but it was an offer they couldn't refuse.

If BT thought he'd leave by Xmas then he should have listed him then and there as the fee at that point could have been considerably lower.

I've no issue with us selling a player who obviously wanted to leave, it's what we do with some of the money now and we've painted ourselves into a corner somewhat by leaving it late to bring in three players AND the selling clubs know we've got some dough for Lita so the price will go up.

Archived