IGNORED

The Perfect Team

Guest roejowland

Guest roejowland

i think that every1 wants us to be perfect and in the 3rd level of english football it just isn't possible.

we cant have lots of strikers, if we get henderson in he will want to play, if he plays, what about brooker, its ridiculous. if we kept heff he wouldve been on the bench again, replacement for stewart, i think its stupid looking for another great striker to be JUST a replacement. also I'm not sure that we need another centre back as heywood is certainly dominant and coles, fortune, skuse or carey could play along side him.

So I suppose that we don't need another Goalie, 'cause he'll only be a replacement...

I do see your point but we have 3 strikers (assuming Coteril is now a winger), which is quite frankly not enough. If there is an injury to one of them, we are left with having to throw a totally unexperienced academy player on the bench. If there are injuries to two, we have to start an academy player.

We need decent, confident players to come of the bench, which is not what we have at the moment.

Basically we shouldn't have sold Heff...

Guest roejowland
So I suppose that we don't need another Goalie, 'cause he'll only be a replacement...

I do see your point but we have 3 strikers (assuming Coteril is now a winger), which is quite frankly not enough. If there is an injury to one of them, we are left with having to throw a totally unexperienced academy player on the bench. If there are injuries to two, we have to start an academy player.

We need decent, confident players to come of the bench, which is not what we have at the moment.

Basically we shouldn't have sold Heff...

i disagree with everything that you said, yes we need another keeper but not a great one, we want a younger keeper who is keen to improve and has not yet been at his best.

yes i think that maybe we need another striker but not a well known striker that is maybe too good for our league.

we do have good players for the bench i think, but i think that the 20 players that we have all expect to be in the first team, that is ok but we cant let any more come in like that.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

You seem to be for getting Scott murray looked very lively in the central positions yesterday,had good control looked back to his best,unlucky not score after a good run calmy rounded the keeper to finish by slotting the balll in,only to be ruled out for offside,I honestly feel with Stewart he could get back to his best,last season he just did not get the service.

i disagree with everything that you said,  yes we need another keeper but not a great one, we want a younger keeper who is keen to improve and has not yet been at his best.

yes i think that maybe we need another striker but not a well known striker that is maybe too good for our league.

we do have good players for the bench i think, but i think that the 20 players that we have all expect to be in the first team, that is ok but we cant let any more come in like that.

When did I ever say that we needed a great keeper? I said we needed one.

A well known striker? Well we certainly need one that can play at this level. I'm not asking for another Stewart but we need somebody who can pull their weight, come on after 70/80 mins and run at tiring defences.

We don't have good strikers for the bench. We have Gills who is good and that is as far as it goes. Miller has gone. Heffs has gone. Lita has gone. If Gills gets injured (presuming Brooker and Stewart start) we are going to be risking unknown players, or sticking somebody like Murray up front for 10 mins...

And nobody wants that...

Guest roejowland

first of all yes i think we need another striker and goalkeeper, but to talk about henderson and boyd and other quality strikers is just stupid when we have stewart and brooker. we must get a player who is not as well known by other teams but is good enough.

REDCIDERARMY - what are you on about, who mentioned murray?, i think he was poor at clevedon because he tried too hard. he was a mile offside and everybody knew that play stopped. murray can be good enough again but needs to slow down and focus more for the team, it isn't really being greedy but murray doesnt pass much anymore

Totally agree - you're not going to get a good striker at any level who's happy to sit on the bench on the off chance that one of the first choice will get injured. It is a bit unfortunate that last season we had too many and this seasom we are a bit light but I think we are ok for strikers. We have 2 that can fill in up front (Gillespie and Coterill) and one more that could at a push (Murray). I think the point is having quality up front in the team and on the bench is hard at any level - the reason heff left was the lack of first team appearances and anyone coming in would know they were 3rd choice at best. I reakon Gilespie will come good this season anyway.

city.gif

Archived