IGNORED

Away Club

RedTop

Not had my copy of Gatepost yet. Saw on the official site that it includes details of an "Away Club".

Can anyone who has read their Gatepost enlighten me? A Few years ago I suggested the club should start an away season ticket, like some bigger clubs do. Is this something along those lines or something else?

If so, what - and what will it add for us fans and for the club?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I don't think it's a fair scheme, away tickets should be open to all season ticket holders.

For smaller grounds I always thought the voucher scheme was a fair way of rewarding fans who travel to far flung backwaters.

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

i aint a season ticket holder due to work commitmentsm but i do tend to goto around 20 away games a season, so that would be unfair on me laugh.gif

i aint a season ticket holder due to work commitmentsm but i do tend to goto around 20 away games a season, so that would be unfair on me  laugh.gif

It's only open to season ticket holders so doesn't seem particularly fair on anyone. When I first saw it I presumed the idea was to give a form of priority to the exiled fans that can't always get to the Gate but it appears not

Hmmm...well I've argued for ages that the club could do with some sort of priority club for regular away fans, so at least they are doing something, even if it needs to be revised to make it the most effective club.

My guess is that ticket allocations at some clubs are so small that they have to find a way of limiting numbers, so opening it to season ticket holders is one way of doing it.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the detail when it comes through and joining up when I find out how.

It's only open to season ticket holders so doesn't seem particularly fair on anyone. When I first saw it I presumed the idea was to give a form of priority to the exiled fans that can't always get to the Gate but it appears not

How's it unfair on anyone? I pay my 15 quid and I get priority - job done.

Will come usefull for the Yeovil game and if were doing well come April the Hartlepool and Southend games.

Archived