IGNORED

A Personal Thank You

Port Said Red

I know there are other threads on here in reference to the East End today, but I didn't want this to get lost in the mix.

I would like to extend my thanks to Percy Parrot in particular others helped in making today happen I know however, it seemed to me over last 10 days in particular that when things were flagging PP cropped up to keep the idea boiling.

Whether it was on this forum or on the radio, etc it was PP that was pushing to make this a day to remember.

It was great fun from the "retro" chanting to the feeling of camaraderie I enjoyed every minute. The best bit for me was my daughter reaction to the day. She was asking me during the 1st half why we were chanting and goading Chesterfield fans as it was "tight", then when we scored the 2nd goal she was up on her seat to "wave Cheerio" to them :Party27: :Party27: the atmosphere had finally worn off on her. :)

My only regret is that I didn't have the guts to walk around and find some of you guys and say hello, :Wave: :Wave: I saw the back of EDR's shirt as we were leaving but he was gone before I could get to him. Hopefully I will meet up with some of you soon.

So as it says at the beginning "There's only 1 Percy Parrot" thank's mate.

Guest two acres red

i couldnot agree more well done pete for all your hard work but just a quick question do you think it is possible for the club to open the bar one night and make it a forum members night then we could all go down and meet other forum members.

Guest city slicker 71

Your efforts were rewarded PP also a mention to Tommy Ciderhead and the others who over a year ago got onto this. I will make every effort to round up as many old EEs for the future!

Well Done the lot of you

Regards

Cowshedder

Archived