IGNORED

Remember When Gillespie Was Earning Rave Reviews?

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I just thought back to when Gillespie was scoring for fun in the reserves, at the back end of the season Danny Wilson got the sack. I seem to remember we rated Gillespie very highly and even chanted his name at reserve games, and that we were expecting him to be a sensation last summer for the season just gone.. until Tins chose Lita ahead of him..

Wasn't he Liverpool's club top scorer ahead of Michael Owen and a real good, young prospect who Gerald Houllier blanked out in favour of young foreigners??

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red
I just thought back to when Gillespie was scoring for fun in the reserves, at the back end of the season Danny Wilson got the sack. I seem to remember we rated Gillespie very highly and even chanted his name at reserve games, and that we were expecting him to be a sensation last summer for the season just gone.. until Tins chose Lita ahead of him..

Wasn't he Liverpool's club top scorer ahead of Michael Owen and a real good, young prospect who Gerald Houllier blanked out in favour of young foreigners??

All above is very true, lets hope that tinners sees the new stevie g -jus the name btw- as an ideal replacement for LL

Guest Eamer

Hopefully he will get more of a chance in the first team this season but I am doubtful he will get too much because of Brooker and Stewart. I do want to see more of him and see what the guy can do in the first team. He scored 7 goals in 3 games for us before he was signed permanently I think and was scoring for Liverpool reserves all the time and Hollier did indeed rate him but just couldn't give him a chance above Owen, Baros etc. which is understandable I guess...

Guest Eamer

I remember that too and having heard that I wanted him to be started in a few games to see what he could do as soon as possible. It would be throwing him in at the deep end a bit but sometimes player thrive on that and throw out some of their best performances like that and Gillespie seems like that kind of player.

Guest Eamer

I remember on one of the games close to the end of the season Gillespie got the ball outside the area controlled it looked up instantly and hit it straight and it went JUST wide. that wouldve been a ###### great goal

Archived