IGNORED

Simpsons In City Strip

pottyun69

Guest C.T.I.D
Simpsons.......one of the lowest forms of celluloid life forms.

but slightly higher than the deluded people who sadly insist on wearing blue and white quarters laugh.gif

Guest MaloneFM
Simpsons.......one of the lowest forms of celluloid life forms.

Sir I take it you are not a lover of the contemporary ink and pen? Although long in the tooth now the Simpsons makes one Scobby Doo look like a knob. However South Park can take the both of them.

Good day to you sir!

But oh my Malone, the Simpsons is a jolly little ditty and there is a plethora of fine episodes that tickle me to my bone, but the one true King of the animated globe has to be that show known simply as "Futurama": a work of true genius.

Guest MaloneFM

Indeed so and again the work of Mr Groening. However much as Bender loves the phrase 'kiss my shiny metal ass' it pales when compared to Eric Cartmans description of Kyle Broslovsky as an 'effing jew'.

Do we concur on this?

I have only been subject to its charms on a few occasions and it seems like an amiable-enough show, but it doesn't quite strike the same chord as Mr. Groening or Messrs Parker and Stone.

Lurking in the shadows of the big 3 (the aforementioned Simpsons, Futurama and South Park) is the always gut-bustingly hilarious Family Guy. Oh that Peter Griffin - what won't he do?

Guest MaloneFM

AH now we are back to the heavyweights. The new series is being shown on Yank telly. Series 4 and your correspondents has seen all of them shown so far.

Back to form. Pants wetting stuff. rofl2br.gif

Yes I must concur - the new season started strongly but then dipped in the middle. The tale of the family starting a singing group with Meg as the lead was painful, but since then they've gone into an upswing and this week's episode was 21 minutes of non-stop chortling.

Guest MaloneFM

OH OH don't RUIN IT...aint downloaded it yet. Man of the match has to be Quagmire on the dating show when he drugs that bird on camera. She passes out, he goes 'al-RIGHT' and tries to drag her off for a romantic time. Then realises he's on camera. But still steals her shoe.

Also watching Reno 911.

Guest MaloneFM

As a Simpsons fan I appreciate it is the longest running animated show. And the first few series were ground breaking.

However from time to time the quality dips badly. And I think it past its sell by date when it beat the Flintstones. And it bases much of its humour on Rocky and Bullwinkle (who?).

Bart as a 10 year old for the past 18 years is a bit suspect. Cartoons should have a 5 year life span tops. Matt Greoning should have developed Futurama because thats where all the decent jokes went for a while.

Since around season 11 the Simpsons has been terrible. It's become so contrived and forced and it's really sad to see a once great show dying a horrible death like it is. Futurama was cancelled too soon but it went out with such great honour.

Guest MaloneFM
Since around season 11 the Simpsons has been terrible. It's become so contrived and forced and it's really sad to see a once great show dying a horrible death like it is. Futurama was cancelled too soon but it went out with such great honour.

...umm..yeah..what Gaz said

Archived