IGNORED

Possible Targets

Rossineri

If Tinnion is looking for a target-man, how about Ben Burgess at Hull City. We may be too late but Izale Mcleod at MK Dons wuld be the best bet. He has pace to burn and looked good against us last season and is still only 20. Other options: Rowan Vine (Pompey) who still hasn't signed for Luton. If money is tight perhaps we could get him on a season loan. Or finally David Graham at Wigan (ex Torquay). They are out there.

If Tinnion is looking for a target-man, how about Ben Burgess at Hull City.  We may be too late but Izale Mcleod at MK Dons wuld be the best bet. He has pace to burn and looked good against us last season and is still only 20. Other options: Rowan Vine (Pompey) who still hasn't signed for Luton.  If money is tight perhaps we could get him on a season loan.  Or finally David Graham at Wigan (ex Torquay). They are out there.

Not big Ben a target man with pace please.

Guest Eamer

i think we should try get someone who is free and young. someone who wont be annoyed on the bench or in the reserve but can do a job when called upon

If you remember the original squad point, tinnion wants 2 players to compete for each position. Now if you consider the right wing, we have cotterill and murray fighting for that place now anyinsah has gone to Preston. Up front for 2 positions we have Brooker, Stewart and Gillespie (plus untried triallist Burborough). Cotterill may have been thought of as a possible striking position but with Anyinsah gone and Murray certainly 2 years past his best (sorry Dollymarie!!) it means that Cotterill is our no1 right winger so certainly cant be considered for striker role now.

I think we should stick with our current strikers at least until the January transfer window. Gillespie deserves his chance and if we bring in another striker i doubt he'll get much of one, as the new striker will probably be third in Tinmans pecking order - Behind Stewart and Brooker.

Burgess would be a quality signing but I can't see him leaving Hull. Peter Taylor has said in the press this week that Burgess will be like a new signing for them know he has recovered from injury.

Fair play to him though he's always played well when I've seen him city.gif

Archived