IGNORED

Wright-phillips/lita

Southport Red

I was thinking that £1 Million was brilliant for Lita and then Chelsea signed Wright-Phillips. Now I'm sure that young Shaun is a better player than Leroy but is he 21 times better?

Would you, if you were a manager, rather have 1 Shaun Wright Phillips or 21 Leroy Lita's in your squad?

Now wondering if it actually WAS that good a deal?

I was thinking that £1 Million was brilliant for Lita and then Chelsea signed Wright-Phillips.  Now I'm sure that young Shaun is a better player than Leroy but is he 21 times better?

Would you, if you were a manager, rather have 1 Shaun Wright Phillips or 21 Leroy Lita's in your squad?

Any arguement that involves Chelsea buying a player doesn't count for much in my eyes.

Shaun Wright-Phillips may only be worth half of that; the fact is, Man City can ask for what they like (up to a point) because they know Chelsea will pay it.

I was thinking that £1 Million was brilliant for Lita and then Chelsea signed Wright-Phillips.  Now I'm sure that young Shaun is a better player than Leroy but is he 21 times better?

Were you expecting £10m for Lita? Or for SWP to go for £2m?

laugh.gif

Either way SWP is a proven premiership player who has played for england, Lita has had 1 good season in Division 3

It always makes me laugh how people alter the Division name to somehow strengthen their arguement. If we're a Division 3 club, surely SWP has only played in Division 1, and not this elusive Premiership you speak of?

And if he's got Premiership experience, wouldn't that make us a League 1 club?

I guess it doesn't sound as good. whistling.gif

Archived