IGNORED

Player Rating

Guest alex1089

Guest alex1089

Steve Phillips- Not much too do but what he did was good. Plenty of communication to his defenders which i would like to see more of next season. 7/10 purley because he had not much to do.

Jamie Smith- Looked very solid and made some crunching tackles and looked composed on the ball and did his job well. Not to much to do so i will give him 7/10 also.

Scott Golbourne- Link up play with Grant Smith tonight was a massive plus to come out of the game, Looked very confident on the ball, a few tricks came out of him aswell which must have given him confidence. Must be first choice for left-back start next season.8/10

Matt Heyward-Superb performance from the big lump at the back, Won every header and tackle that he went in for, also for a suprise, he looked very composed on the ball without hoofing the ball everytime he used the pass back to phillips for him to play the ball out to a full back. Also came out of defence to scare sh it-less some of there strikers and win the ball on the floor. 9/10

Danny Coles- Looked solid, composed and won most headers that was for him to win. Again like Heyward he tried to pass the ball out of defence rather than hoof the ball. 7/10.

Richard Keogh- Very good organiser, alot of communication and showed composure on the ball. Dident play like an 18 yr old atall and gave some confidence out to the rest of the defenders. 8/10.

Louis Carey- Quiet game with not much to do, Like Keogh and the rest of the team he showed alot of communication and read the game well. Not to much to do but did what he had to do well and stayed solid. 7/10

Craig woodman- Looked interested unlike the start of last season but dident show the quality of Golbourne, Showed some good touches and did a few good passes but still 2nd choice to Golbourne and may have to do a lot of impressing to get into the starting line-up for aug 6th. 6/10

Perry- Diden't look to sure of himself and let the ball go over his head without dealing with the situation, On tonights performance i would say that we shouldn't sign him up because he looked below average. 5/10

Scott Brown- Very impressed with his commitment and tackling, could be the replacment for Doherty because he shows great tackling and passing. Played on the right of midfield which isn't his position but still showed some quality and could be a starter for Aug 6th.8/10

Danny Wring- Looked OK on the ball and had a bit of pace and ability, still young and needs to get into the game a bit more than he did today but showed some pace when on the ball.6/10

Bradley Orr- Impressed me with his passing and tackling ability, showed a bit of pace and nearly scored with a decent effort from outside the box. Needs to show that quality from the start and be more consistant next season and he could be a good player for us. 7/10

Cole Skuse- Showed the player we saw at the end of last season, Brilliant vision on the ball and awareness, Got a few good tackles in and could also be in with a decent chance of starting come Aug 6th. Impressed with his all round game and has great quality and ability. 8/10

Luke Wilkshire- Not one of his better games but did show alot of movement and he wanted the ball, linked well with Grant Smith and showed alot of commitment which Tins needs from all his players next season. A few good passes but got disposessed a few to many time. 6/10

Lamb- Looked good on the ball and showed some skills for a tall player. One for the future and had a decent game and used the ball well. 7/10

Grant Smith- Great game and probably my man of the match with his first touch and he showed some great skills and ability on the ball. His crossing was superb and passing ability was good too, Linked up with Golbourne well which was a major plus point. 10/10

Ryan Harley- Close behind G.Smith for man of the match, Showed some good pace and ran at players well. First goal was superb and second goal was brilliant. Could have a bigger chance next season and was a big plus point seeing a player with alot of ability, come out a show it to us. 10/10

Marcus Stewart- Showed some quality touches and impressed me with his heading ability and first touch. Maybe 2 games in 3 days was a bit to much for him seeing as he is also desperate for a first goal. Plenty of talking with Gillespie and dropped off into a midfield position (maybe something we will see alot of next season?). Let the ball run along his body for Scott brown to finish for the first goal so it's just as good to set up than score in my opinion. 8/10

Steve Brooker- I was shocked in a good way to see Brooks on the pitch for the second half as I thought he was injured for tonights game but obviously not. Headed the ball on every ocasion he needed to, looked a bit rusty as it was his first game of pre-season. Took his goal superbly, Flicked the ball over the defenders head ran around the otherside, took a touch and lashed it home into the bottom corner. 8/10

Stephen Gillespie- Looked very lively and confident tonight and could have scored with a few chances but took his penalty well as i was expecting Marcus to take the pen but Gilly grabed the ball and took the penalty confidently. 8/10

Dave Cotterill- Looked lively and showed some great pace when running at players, maybe a few times he took a touch to much but i liked what i saw with him player up-front rather than on the right of midfield. 7/10

A convincing city performance which showed passing movement but most importantly and impressivly they showed great communication between one another.

They all looked 100% commited which tins needs from his players and the team looks like it has shape unlike last season although he wasen't there, keith looked like he knew what he was doing with his team-talks and talking to the players. Every player looked like they knew what they were doing and what was happening around them when passing the ball. city.gif

Nothing to get carried away about but when you see a decent performance like that it makes you really look forward for August 6th!

Guest C.T.I.D
sounds like a good performance then, lets keep it up and stay organised for the rest of the season.

Can't wait to see Alex Russell play now,just to see if he can improve what looks like a very organised unit even further.

one player that didn't impress tonight was the one who kept getting the ball and his feet tangled up and gave the ball away far too often.

and i don't know what position he was playing as he was all over the place

Guest C.T.I.D
lamb..........was he bloke with the silly beard, he was shocking, barely played a decent pass, and reminded me of Colin Loss.

Otherwise not too far off,

i cringed every time he got the ball pinch.gif

Steve Phillips- Not much too do but what he did was good. Plenty of communication to his defenders which i would like to see more of next season. 7/10 purley because he had not much to do.

Jamie Smith- Looked very solid and made some crunching tackles and looked composed on the ball and did his job well. Not to much to do so i will give him 7/10 also.

Scott Golbourne- Link up play with Grant Smith tonight was a massive plus to come out of the game, Looked very confident on the ball, a few tricks came out of him aswell which must have given him confidence. Must be first choice for left-back start next season.8/10

Matt Heyward-Superb performance from the big lump at the back, Won every header and tackle that he went in for, also for a suprise, he looked very composed on the ball without hoofing the ball everytime he used the pass back to phillips for him to play the ball out to a full back. Also came out of defence to scare  sh it-less some of there strikers and win the ball on the floor. 9/10

Danny Coles- Looked solid, composed and won most headers that was for him to win. Again like Heyward he tried to pass the ball out of defence rather than hoof the ball. 7/10.

Richard Keogh- Very good organiser, alot of communication and showed composure on the ball. Dident play like an 18 yr old atall and gave some confidence out to the rest of the defenders. 8/10.

Louis Carey- Quiet game with not much to do, Like Keogh and the rest of the team he showed alot of communication and read the game well. Not to much to do but did what he had to do well and stayed solid. 7/10

Craig woodman- Looked interested unlike the start of last season but dident show the quality of Golbourne, Showed some good touches and did a few good passes but still 2nd choice to Golbourne and may have to do a lot of impressing to get into the starting line-up for aug 6th. 6/10

Perry- Diden't look to sure of himself and let the ball go over his head without dealing with the situation, On tonights performance i would say that we shouldn't sign him up because he looked below average. 5/10

Scott Brown- Very impressed with his commitment and tackling, could be the replacment for Doherty because he shows great tackling and passing. Played on the right of midfield which isn't his position but still showed some quality and could be a starter for Aug 6th.8/10

Danny Wring- Looked OK on the ball and had a bit of pace and ability, still young and needs to get into the game a bit more than he did today but showed some pace when on the ball.6/10

Bradley Orr- Impressed me with his passing and tackling ability, showed a bit of pace and nearly scored with a decent effort from outside the box. Needs to show that quality from the start and be more consistant next season and he could be a good player for us. 7/10

Cole Skuse- Showed the player we saw at the end of last season, Brilliant vision on the ball and awareness, Got a few good tackles in and could also be in with a decent chance of starting come Aug 6th. Impressed with his all round game and has great quality and ability. 8/10

Luke Wilkshire- Not one of his better games but did show alot of movement and he wanted the ball, linked well with Grant Smith and showed alot of commitment which Tins needs from all his players next season. A few good passes but got disposessed a few to many time. 6/10

Lamb- Looked good on the ball and showed some skills for a tall player. One for the future and had a decent game and used the ball well. 7/10

Grant Smith- Great game and probably my man of the match with his first touch and he showed some great skills and ability on the ball. His crossing was superb and passing ability was good too, Linked up with Golbourne well which was a major plus point. 10/10

Ryan Harley- Close behind G.Smith for man of the match, Showed some good pace and ran at players well. First goal was superb and second goal was brilliant. Could have a bigger chance next season and was a big plus point seeing a player with alot of ability, come out a show it to us. 10/10

Marcus Stewart- Showed some quality touches and impressed me with his heading ability and first touch. Maybe 2 games in 3 days was a bit to much for him seeing as he is also desperate for a first goal. Plenty of talking with Gillespie and dropped off into a midfield position (maybe something we will see alot of next season?). Let the ball run along his body for Scott brown to finish for the first goal so it's just as good to set up than score in my opinion. 8/10

Steve Brooker- I was shocked in a good way to see Brooks on the pitch for the second half as I thought he was injured for tonights game but obviously not. Headed the ball on every ocasion he needed to, looked a bit rusty as it was his first game of pre-season. Took his goal superbly, Flicked the ball over the defenders head ran around the otherside, took a touch and lashed it home into the bottom corner. 8/10

Stephen Gillespie- Looked very lively and confident tonight and could have scored with a few chances but took his penalty well as i was expecting Marcus to take the pen but Gilly grabed the ball and took the penalty confidently. 8/10

Dave Cotterill- Looked lively and showed some great pace when running at players, maybe a few times he took a touch to much but i liked what i saw with him player up-front rather than on the right of midfield. 7/10

A convincing city performance which showed passing movement but most importantly and impressivly they showed great communication between one another.

They all looked 100% commited which tins needs from his players and the team looks like it has shape unlike last season although he wasen't there, keith looked like he knew what he was doing with his team-talks and talking to the players. Every player looked like they knew what they were doing and what was happening around them when passing the ball. city.gif

Nothing to get carried away about but when you see a decent performance like that it makes you really look forward for August 6th!

havent even heard of some of these players, who the hell is Perry and Lamb?

Guest alex1089
I bet your looking foward to seeing your English Grades come results day  chant6ez.gif

Kind of, hope their the right results to get into my Media course chant6ez.gif

Guest alex1089

Not sure on Perrys first name. Borosbough or however you spell it is a 18yr old striker who was signed from sutton utd on trial for pre-season and is looking to earn a contract this summer. Been rated highly by many people so hopefully will be a good young prospect.

Not sure on Perrys first name. Borosbough or however you spell it is a 18yr old striker who was signed from sutton utd on trial for pre-season and is looking to earn a contract this summer. Been rated highly by many people so hopefully will be a good young prospect.

i must read the site more blink.gif

Guest Eamer
Kind of, hope their the right results to get into my Media course chant6ez.gif

what media course is this. I'm doing media at filton college at the moment...

Guest alex1089

I was going to do Media at Filton but the transport from fishponds to their are terrible so I will hopefully be going to City of bristol Soundwell college.

Archived