IGNORED

Not Wanting To Pay A Fee For A Quality Striker

redrobin108

Guest Eamer

you beat me to it mate. I just saw that on the site

"I have made it clear that we will not be in the business of paying fees and that remains the case."

how optimistic are we...

Also a strong hint that it might be a long term loan. Why not try that , many other clubs seem to have success by borrowing players from clubs in leagues above. My only reservation about doing this is we might find another Mark robins only for him to be snatched back when most needed. sad.gif

The 'has' scored goals in the premiership seems to make me think it's an older player? Or maybe it's someone coming back from a long injury?

I'm bored, so for a change I'd thought I'd play along with some guessing! biggrin.gif

Oh, I'd i'm all for trying something different! we have tried to buy our way out of this division over the past few years without success., lets go for the skint approach and see if we can skimp our way out. we can't do much worse!

What do you expect him to say? "We're in the business of paying massively inflated fees"?

What SL says in that interview and the fact that Tinnion is enquiring about players under contract don't add up. I suspect we're actually in the business of paying fees provided they're not massive.

Nibor

It seems a reasonable policy to me. I can't understand in these days of freedom of contract etc, why it should be necessary to pay a fee for a good player. In theory there should always be some decent players available for nothing at the end of every season.

It's worked against us in the past, why shouldn't it work for us now?

Guest marcclifton

anyone remember the last time we spent loads on players. i think we are still in a mess due to that. Just because you start spending money, i don't think it makes the player any better. I like the fact that we are not spending. Why should we always be paying fees, while others clubs get lots of excellent frees. I like the way this has been handled by steve over the last few years. Going mad with a check book got us no where before. I don't think you have to pay out loads these days to get the players you need. Apart from players like lita who clubs will pay large fees for, you don't need to spash the cash. In many ways it feels like a return to the old days under Terry Copper. Except the players coming in are excellent, back then there were ok.

Archived