IGNORED

Why No Fees?

BridgyRed

Wondering why we are not going to pay any transfer fees when we've made over £1.6m in transfers this summer. I know we have debts but surely some of it has to be reinvested in the team.

We were prepared to pay over 100k for Coughlan and a fee for Akinfenwa before selling Lita so why are we not prepared to fees now?

Guest cider_kirk
Wondering why we are not going to pay any transfer fees when we've made over £1.6m in transfers this summer. I know we have debts but surely some of it has to be reinvested in the team.

We were prepared to pay over 100k for Coughlan and a fee for Akinfenwa before selling Lita so why are we not prepared to fees now?

SL never sed he wouldnt pay fee's for players that tinnion wants, He sed that he wont pay a fee for this player, maybe he is out of favor or under 24 but out of contract dunno.gif

It's no secret we have debts of over 6m , the 1.6m will help to keep our heads above water, i'm sure though if the right player comes along (like Coughlan) then finding 100k will not be hard at all.

I don't think we should sign any players right now though, ideally we should wait till we're up, but of course we need players to help us up blah blah.... sleeping.gif

If I was Tins i would be sending faxes to all Prem clubs asking for their best players on loan, no point signing more Dinnings imho snack.gif

SL never sed he wouldnt pay fee's for players that tinnion wants, He sed that he wont pay a fee for this player, maybe he is out of favor or under 24 but out of contract dunno.gif

I have to correct you because I have seen the same comment about 8 times now!! Out of contract players under 24 DO command a fee. Out of contract players over 24 don't command a fee.

Cheers smile.gif

Steve L is also saying this because he dosnt want a Chelsea situation happening. Clubs in the lower leagues know how much money City have re-couped this summer which is why like Lansdown said, when they have approached clubs about players they have been quoted ridiculous prices thinking we have money to burn. Saying that were not paying any fees will just make clubs think we've put the money in the bank when we all know if city need 100-200k for a player they can quite easily find it. Its just a smart move really!!!

Archived