IGNORED

Second Keeper

GrahamC

Aren't we leaving it a bit late to sign a second keeper to back up Phillips?

The guy who played at Hereford, Colin Stewart, seems to have gone back to Scotland as he's not in the squad for Lilleshall although Millen was quoted as saying that they would look at the situation again later this week.

If we're not going for him I have to say the academy lad Pearce doesn't look up to it, he's pretty short and when I saw him for the reserves he looked very shaky.

We cannot go beyond the transfer window with just one keeper, so let's hope something gets sorted this week.

Aren't we leaving it a bit late to sign a second keeper to back up Phillips?

The guy who played at Hereford, Colin Stewart, seems to have gone back to Scotland as he's not in the squad for Lilleshall although Millen was quoted as saying that they would look at the situation again later this week.

If we're not going for him I have to say the academy lad Pearce doesn't look up to it, he's pretty short and when I saw him for the reserves he looked very shaky.

We cannot go beyond the transfer window with just one keeper, so let's hope something gets sorted this week.

What about Ben Foster ?

Just gone to Manure - they are now looking to get him out on a season long loan.

Maybe too much competition for Philips ?

I agree with Maltshove's view. Phillips was at fault for a number of goals last season, and although I do believe Phillips is capable of being the no.1 in a promotion side there is no point in getting in a deputy who won't even warm the bench cos Tinnion doesn't even put them on the bench. The only real alternative is getting a youngster in who has the potential to become no.1 over Phillips and will be happy enough to fight for his place but be brought in as deputy.

Phillips hasn't exactly had any injuries to think of for a few seasons, and if he were to get injured I think we would probably get special permission to sign a replacement on loan as a number of other clbs seem to be able to have done in the past.

From the cries from Tinnion it doesn't seem like he wants to replace Phillips so for me there seems no point in wasting money on a keeper.

Archived