IGNORED

City Make A Move For Bridges

greenun

BRISTOL CITY are closing in on a move for former Leeds and Sunderland frontman Michael Bridges.

The 26 year-old has a year left on his contract at the Stadium of Light and City Chairman Steve Lansdown is confident of completing a fre transfer or a loan deal.

What do you lot think of that?

The guy is a talented crock.

Coming here could be a good move for him as the chances are he wont have to play more than 20 games, and certainly wouldn't need to play twice a week with the number of alternatives we have.

As long as the wage deal doesn't screw us up he will be a real asset.

BRISTOL CITY are closing in on a move for former Leeds and Sunderland frontman Michael Bridges.

The 26 year-old has a year left on his contract at the Stadium of Light and City Chairman Steve Lansdown is confident of completing a fre transfer or a loan deal.

I would be happy to get him on a season long loan . See if his injury problems have healed .

I'm starting to feel good about this season ......

I'd say this story has come straight from this forum. Last night ali posted about how confident he was that Bridges would be announced today, so that's where they've got the name from. The season long deal/free transfer bit was taken from the article on the main site I reckon.

Bit puzzled by the one year left thing as all sources I've seen suggest that Bridges has already been given a free transfer by Sunderland.

Three questions (and I know I'm not alone in asking these):

Who the hell is Michael Bridges?

And who the hell are the George Baker Selection?

Can either of them play on the left of midfield?

Oh dear, Here we go again, Lets try to find the most injury prone player ever, Give him a big signing on fee, A huge wage, Pay for more operations and virtually no return.

When will we learn.

Also amongst all of his operations has he had a ground breaking operation to increase his height, I thought we needed a target man.

I'm sure somebody on the forum can and will publish his stats for the past 4 or 5 seasons (appearances/goals) I bet it ain't good.

Three questions (and I know I'm not alone in asking these):

Who the hell is Michael Bridges?

And who the hell are the George Baker Selection?

Can either of them play on the left of midfield?

George Baker Selection are a cheesy band. They sang "Una paloma blanca" (same tune as "I am a cider drinker").

rumbellow, I do not think that Bridges is injury prone in the same way as the likes of Lee Matthews and Mickey Bell. Bridges has been unlucky with freak collisions/tackles which have left him with long-term injuries, but I don't think he has any particular pre-disposition to getting injured.

Oh dear, Here we go again, Lets try to find the most injury prone player ever, Give him a big signing on fee, A huge wage, Pay for more operations and virtually no return.

When will we learn.

Also amongst all of his operations has he had a ground breaking operation to increase his height, I thought we needed a target man.

I'm sure somebody on the forum can and will publish his stats for the past 4 or 5 seasons (appearances/goals) I bet it ain't good.

Oh dear, Here we go again, fans who will never be happy even if we sign Henry!

snack.gif ######

Oh dear, Here we go again, fans who will never be happy even if we sign Henry!

snack.gif  ######

Ok:-Signed by Leeds in 1999 and scored 19 goals in 32 appearances, Excellent.

Since 2000/2004 8 appearances No goals (thats 8 appearances in 4 years) Matthews had a better record than that.

Loans at Newcastle/Bolton/Sunderland 19 appearances 1 goal.

27 appearances in 5 years, 1 goal.

Got BCFC written all over him.

Your analogy with Henry is pathetic, He has played in excess of 100 games in the same period, Oh yes and has scored the same amount of goals.

Guest Champagne Football

Since 2000/2004 8 appearances No goals (thats 8 appearances in 4 years) Matthews had a better record than that.

Your analogy with Henry is pathetic, He has played in excess of 100 games in the same period, Oh yes and has scored the same amount of goals.

If you look at that record you can see why he may be coming down to league one level.

I wouldn't be too adverse to this signing as long as he has a thorough medical and we get different physio's opinion as to how many games he can play this season. There is no point in signing somebody who can only play 7 games a season maximum. If we get him fairly cheap, pay as you play, type of contract, we could have got a bargain.

Guest PoolieAlbatross

The situation with Bridges at Sunderland as I understand it is that he's under contract until next summer, but has been told by McCarthy that he's not part of his plans and can leave on a free if he can find another club.

Rumoured to have been linked with Pools for 2-3 weeks, however I don't think we have a vacancy for a striker at the moment, let alone one who would demand big wages (allegedly told Bratfurd he wanted 7K a week!) and has a dubious fitness record. If fit he's a class act, but you have to go back aways for when he was last fit - although I know one or two Toon fans that reckoned they should have signed him after the loan spell there.

Certainly a possibility he might sign for you, there's plenty of competition though and wages might be a sticking-point.

The situation with Bridges at Sunderland as I understand it is that he's under contract until next summer, but has been told by McCarthy that he's not part of his plans and can leave on a free if he can find another club.

Rumoured to have been linked with Pools for 2-3 weeks, however I don't think we have a vacancy for a striker at the moment, let alone one who would demand big wages (allegedly told Bratfurd he wanted 7K a week!) and has a dubious fitness record. If fit he's a class act, but you have to go back aways for when he was last fit - although I know one or two Toon fans that reckoned they should have signed him after the loan spell there.

Certainly a possibility he might sign for you, there's plenty of competition though and wages might be a sticking-point.

Thanks mate, Sense at last, We have a history of signing players with 'dubious fitness records' Mercer, Matthews, Mortimore, Jones in the recent past, Both on high wages, With very litlle return.

And a drop in division might improve his goal record, Bit, Not his fitness.

Another in the line BCFC 'Donkey retirement sanctuary'.

Clever you for finding a website with his stats and posting them here, thanks!

Bridges has Premiership experiance and has scored and played at that level, so why don't you think he could play here?

We're League 1 remember and have no money to spend, think about if for a bit.

Thanks mate, Sense at last, We have a history of signing players with 'dubious fitness records' Mercer, Matthews, Mortimore, Jones in the recent past, Both on high wages, With very litlle return.

And a drop in division might improve his goal record, Bit, Not his fitness.

Another in the line BCFC 'Donkey retirement sanctuary'.

Thats 4 players, hardly a history of players, blink.gif what are you really trying to say?

Nothing, you just post negitive nonsence because you know jack.

Thats 4 players, hardly a history of players,  blink.gif  what are you really trying to say?

I'd say that those 4 were all billed as the players to get us promoted. A lot of money was risked on them and it didn't pay off.

We can also add the midfielder who came from Chesterfield, rather portly bloke whose name escapes me.

Thats 4 players, hardly a history of players,  blink.gif  what are you really trying to say?

if, and its a big if, he signs and gets/stays fit i would play stewart just behind brooker and bridges, we would easily have the best attacking lineup in league 1, i mean who do you mark? all 3 players can create and score goals! smile.gif 100 goals here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chant6ez.gifcity.gif

Guest BristolRed

Bridges is a great player if he stays fit, lets face it there would be no way we could sign a Prem player if there is nothing wrong with him, we are League one remember! He could be fantastic!

I'd like to give Bridges a chance down here. If he gets through a medical, give him a pay-per-play contract.

He's been reported as wanting a £8k pay deal which is daft money for a player whos not been able to get a full season under his belt for the last 5 years.

I beleve he's still got the skill to perform for us, so give him a go, what can we lose

Paul Holland was the other guy from Chesterfield.

If it is Bridges then I doubt that City are going to offer him wages that are going to criple the club, and if it's a loan deal then he would only cost us for one season. It wouldn't be as if we were going to be putting all our money on this guy cos we do have the likes of Brooker and Stewart to fall back on. If he stays fit then he does have the potential to bag 30 goals in a season, so he could be an excellent signing.

What i'm trying to say is 27 appearances in 5 years and not forgetting the 1 goal, That does not instill confidence me, But, Obviously does in you and I know jack.

Also the 4 I mentioned does not include, As already pointed out the Chesterfield midfielder we signed, Testim (whatever his name was) Seebok (who managed to play for Hungary, But always seemed to be injured for City).

I may in your opinion post negatively, I just say it as I see it and you (a supporter of only 13 years standing) won't stop me.

Also the 4 I mentioned does not include, As already pointed out the Chesterfield midfielder we signed, Testim (whatever his name was) Seebok (who managed to play for Hungary, But always seemed to be injured for City).

Ivan Testimatanu was not always injured untill he was done at WBA. He never fully recovered after that over the top tackle.

Archived