IGNORED

Reserve Fixtures

Colemanballs

Does anyone know if the reserve fixture list is still to be added to? If not, I am worried that there are too few reserve games scheduled.

One of the problems we had last season (imho) was the lack of games the fringe players were getting which meant they were short of match fitness and practice when called upon.

Looking at the fixture list for the reserves there appear to be a lot of weeks without a game. There is no reserve game at all between 14th December and 10th January and if the Swansea away game were called off for any reason there would be no game between 25th October and 30th November.

When the inevitable injuries or suspensions occur I am worried that Tins will be forced to pick players who have had no football for a considerable period of time.

Does anyone know if the reserve fixture list is still to be added to? If not, I am worried that there are too few reserve games scheduled.

One of the problems we had last season (imho) was the lack of games the fringe players were getting which meant they were short of match fitness and practice when called upon.

Looking at the fixture list for the reserves there appear to be a lot of weeks without a game. There is no reserve game at all between 14th December and 10th January and if the Swansea away game were called off for any reason there would be no game between 25th October and 30th November.

When the inevitable injuries or suspensions occur I am worried that Tins will be forced to pick players who have had no football for a considerable period of time.

This point was raised many times by the forum last season. The reserves simply have to have more games. Tins wants a 24 man squad, then he has to provide them with viable match practice. If he does not ,then as a coach he is negligent.

He failed in this regard last season, with plenty of discontented players sitting around waiting for a game, any sort of game. Is he perhaps putting promotion at any cost above the players wants and needs. If he does not provide the entire squad with satisfactory competition he has failed his squad in that department.

Archived