IGNORED

Lita Was Over Rated By You All..except Me!

darling

I never rated this bloke. You all made him out to be better than he was. Look back at some of his goals last year? Some of them deflected of his thigh and he ran off like he'd scored a cracker. He missed some sitters, was greedy and am glad we banked a million cos I reckon he would have flopped this season. He would have played every game because of Tinnion's affection for him (inuendo?) and how can anybody say he is better than Brooker and Stewart? Saw he had a great debut for Reading at wknd!!!!!!!Ha! The lad won't do well in the Championship we got rid of the ONE SEASON WONDER at the right time! If you don't believe me look at my posts from last season. I'm a realist, not a dreamer like many of our supporters. "Leroy Leroy" got on my tits! Thank God hes gone. Bring on Bridges and this club can win the div!

Guest sprout1883
I never rated this bloke. You all made him out to be better than he was. Look back at some of his goals last year? Some of them deflected of his thigh and he ran off like he'd scored a cracker. He missed some sitters, was greedy and am glad we banked a million cos I reckon he would have flopped this season. He would have played every game because of Tinnion's affection for him (inuendo?) and how can anybody say he is better than Brooker and Stewart? Saw he had a great debut for Reading at wknd!!!!!!!Ha! The lad won't do well in the Championship we got rid of the ONE SEASON WONDER at the right time! If you don't believe me look at my posts from last season. I'm a realist, not a dreamer like many of our supporters. "Leroy Leroy" got on my tits! Thank God hes gone. Bring on Bridges and this club can win the div!

Gotta be there to score no matter what part of the body it comes off

Guest RedwardsV1

There is no doubt Lita was a great player, but I think Stewart is better

listen darling would you be saying that if Lita was still here?

Although I think that you're being a little harsh on Leroy, I don't think he's a £1m player either, so I think it was a good move to offload him (particularly when we could have lost him for free at the end of next season).

It's a shame that Tinman seemingly won't get to see any of the money from the transfer, but it's good business.

Guest sprout1883
Christ.....a sag head actually suggesting that he was/is a good striker....and he plays for City.....u feelin ok....??    ohmy.gif

were used to knowing what good strikers look like. Getting picked for the u21's is no mean feet.

Shame we've had to sell them, but that's life.

I agree with sprouts comments about gotta be there to score + i can also see where darling is coming from to a point. But I cant gripe about Lita, he may have been lucky at times but he turned games for us + he frieghtened oppositions with his pace. I think he'll do alright in the championship, but there's no sour grapes about his departure, we've got plenty of cover! city.gif

Are you extracting the urine or what mate?! blink.gif

Lita Was Over Rated By You All..except Me!

Congratulations darling! Are you expecting a medal or something?

Tell me how can I rise above everyone else and gain wisdom like your own so that I too will know which players deserve to be cheered or not? banghead.gif

I just think city will be a better team with out him,general link up play will be better,

The only thing is i hope the space left by lita for bridges to sign doesnt outcast gillespie because this lad needs a chance. But things do look good without lita.

2 points............

1) Torquay away and Luton at home! hardly flooks!

2) off the thigh, greedy, missed sitters, hmmmm. Didn't shaun goater make a career out of that and do that in the premiership??? oh and isn't ruud van nist doing the same now???? not very good yep....... but in the right place at the right time VERY CORRECT!

either way.............he's gone! get a life!

I don't think the tirade made against Lita was entirely justified; it sounds rather much like a supporter's outraged rant against a player turning his back on the club, that made him, after one decent season.

Any good forward has to be there to put the ball in the net. The two best ones that come to my mind for that were Jimmy Greaves and Gerd Muller. It matters not how the ball goes in, but rather that in fact it does. A forward is rated by the goals he scores, not by artistic and aesthetic merit points (as you would in, say, ice skating or ski jumping).

I'm just saddened that in all this City have lost a player who may have turned out to be the best scoring forward we've ever had. Or maybe then again he might not have been. But to judge him purely on one season's return is premature, and Reading have acted in my mind a little prematurely for a player who has got just one season under his belt. Their move smacks a little of desperation.

Lita certainly hasn't come out of this entirely smelling of roses; he's obviously got an eye on the main chance and good luck to him, but he wouldn't be a player I'd trust to stay at any club for any amount of time. Compared to John Atyeo Lita looks a shabby poor shadow.

I think ultimately City might have done a good piece of business there in offloading a player who may well turn out to be a problem with an ego the size of jupiter. And those sort of players always end up on skid row bemoaning the what-ifs and if-onlys.

Guest marcclifton

We tended last year not to work as hard as a team, and put a lot of focus on leroy grapping goals. Yeah they did come, but look how the season worked out in the end. I would rather have a hard working team who work hard to get their goals any day of the week. I also put brooker down to a lot of leroys goals. We have forwards here who can do the same kind of goal scoring job, but are better team players, and more team motivated, and i feel work harder off the ball. The only off ball work i remember leroy doing was running off defenders, and collecting a pass from brooker

Archived