IGNORED

Golbourne Or Woodman?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

there seems to be a big split between fans on here which surprises me because golbourne is ten times better than woodman and 4 years younger woodman was good at bath but they were tired by then golbourne is definately much better

Tins said Goldbourne was one of the best english left backs he's seen at his age, one for the future for sure, but good enough to take leftback from woodman imo.

Woodman is a good pro, you know what your going to get from him, but he's not the greatest defender and can't be trusted at left back.

woodman has been very unlucky in his tenure at the gate.

when he came in under wilson (when bell was having a poor run), he looked solid, and actually provided some excellent crosses in the final third.

he isn't spectacular, but neither is young scotty.

golbourne will get the spot, but woodman isn't a bad back-up.

Golbourne all the way! Is a good young talent and lucky that he hasn't been taken on by a Prem club to be honest.

Personally I think we should get rid of Woody as he isn't very physical when that is a charicteristic that you need when you play in defense. He wouldn't suit playing on hte wing either as he barely has pace. If there is anything we could do with him we could try playing him centre mid. Yea he can get tackles in, but also he is a good passer.

As I say, if I could have my way I would get rid of him asap!

city.gif

I've always rated Woodman. I think that his games at Left midfield stick in a lot of peoples minds because they are more recent.

In Comparison to Golbourne I believe that Woodman is a better passer, crosser and is better at overlapping. And from what I have seen of Golbourne, Woodman is physically stronger at the moment. We have a great record with Woodman Playing Left Back. With a Defence of Carey Coles Heywood Woodman, there are three that can head the ball already, and there isn't any difference between woodman and Golbourne in heading ability.

I'd play Woodman.

Guest alex1089
Golbourne all the way! Is a good young talent and lucky that he hasn't been taken on by a Prem club to be honest.

Personally I think we should get rid of Woody as he isn't very physical when that is a charicteristic that you need when you play in defense. He wouldn't suit playing on hte wing either as he barely has pace. If there is anything we could do with him we could try playing him centre mid. Yea he can get tackles in, but also he is a good passer.

As I say, if I could have my way I would get rid of him asap!

city.gif

I rated Woodman as nearly everyone else did when he first got into the team. Being messed about at left midfield by wilson, losing confidence and not putting 100% in may have cost him his city career and starting place come August 6th. Woodman isn't a very solid player but is good enough back-up for Golbourne who must start in 4-4-2 as he has high ability and links up with G.Smith excellently as shown vs Bath. Golbourne all the way for me. Also why get rid of Woodman? We would have to go and waste somemore money and time buying a new left-back.

I think the truth is that we have two very good young left-backs and either could do a good job.

Whats impressed me about both is their willingness to go forward with the ball... and they look comfortable doing it too.

If I had to pick I'd go with the promise of Goldbourne - who looks very confident for his age. But I expect he'll be the next youngster to get cherry-picked by a club like Preston.

And I agree with those who say we should forget his appearances at left-mid. Remember his performance against southampton instead !

I'd pick Golbourne. Give him a run of starts at the beginning of the season to see how he holds up. If he does well, then keep him in the squad. If he doesnt do so good, then Woodman could ably step in to play LB, and Golbourne would have some more first team experience.

Archived