IGNORED

Hypothetical Question

Downend2005

reading sky sports website and apparantly sheffield wednesday had agreed a 500,000 fee with tranmere for hume, but neogiations broke down over personal terms. given we look to be about to sign bridges, i thought to myself...

hume is a proven goalscorer at this level, and is injury free. bridges has scored goals in the prem but has had little football over the past two years, and some shocking injury troubles.

what would you do if you were SL, Tins and the board?

a) no transfer fee yet large wages (bridges)

b) a large fee yet comparitively smaller wages (hume)

i know that SL has already stated that no cash is available, but think of this as more of a hypothetical question.

personally, id go for hume, who would put the frighteners up opposing defenders.

any two from brooker, stewart, gillespie and hume would be frightening.

I'd pick Bridges, given that on his day i think he's more talented than Hume. A contract with a lower basic wage and larger potential bonuses would be great to offer Bridges, that way there's a lot of incentive to score, and if he's injured, the club wont lose so much.

Guest Eamer

bridges. hume would DEMAND to be ahead of brooker and gillespie but bridges needs to get his fitness up and work to get ahead of them

Archived