IGNORED

Newquay

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Back when I were a boy it wasn't too strict down there.

But then you could bribe the doorman with a shilling bit or lump of coal

Does anyone know of any establishments in Newquay who aren't that fussy on ID to purchase alcoholic beverages.

I was there last month. I'm 20 and don't look 18. I was asked for ID for some places but not all. Walkabout aint to fussed, Central was ok but at the weekend's, they could be a bit stricter. I think there is a pub not far from the Central bar called "the Newquay Arms" and i saw some blatent under 18's in there, but it wernt all kids, there was a mix.

How old do you think you look, or how old do people think you look???

I was there last month. I'm 20 and don't look 18. I was asked for ID for some places but not all. Walkabout aint to fussed, Central was ok but at the weekend's, they could be a bit stricter. I think there is a pub not far from the Central bar called "the Newquay Arms" and i saw some blatent under 18's in there, but it wernt all kids, there was a mix.

How old do you think you look, or how old do people think you look???

Well I am actually 17, but some people say I look 18/19, and some places in town serve me.

you should be ok then.

Friday nights - go to Baracuda, it is quids in, and it's enormous. and plenty of Francesco totti around...

I stayed in a B&B about 2mins walk from Baracuda about a month ago. I wasn't around on the Friday night but I can highly recommend the beach party at the Walkabout on a Tuesday night - plenty of drunken people (girls) about and drinking games/talent shows involving both fit and fat people stripping, girls putting pint glasses in their mouth and blokes drinking their own urine etc etc.

Other places I recommend include the Central (huge pub with a nice courtyard out front) and for some food head along to Truscotts for some excellent fish & chips.

I hadn't been down to Newquay for years but it hasn't changed much, typical traditional English seaside resort really. Wasn't too busy back in the middle of June but I'm sure it'll be heaving by now. The various beaches are pretty good though even if the sea was a bit too cold for my liking !!

Archived