IGNORED

Starting X1

Pete1975Legend

If Bridges comes he wont be a bit part player and will obviously start in my opinion so will the team be this?

..............................................Phillips.....................................................

.....Carey...............................Heywood..................................Coles.........

Coterill/Murray.....Brown....................Wilkshire....................G.Smith.........

..............................................Stewart....................................................

.............................Gillespie................................Bridges.........................

Subs:

Cotterill/Murray

Orr

Brooker

Fortune

Keogh

That is a pretty awesome selection and I would make Stewart or Carey Captain

If Bridges comes he wont be a bit part player and will obviously start in my opinion so will the team be this?

..............................................Phillips.....................................................

.....Carey...............................Heywood..................................Coles.........

Coterill/Murray.....Brown....................Wilkshire....................G.Smith.........

..............................................Stewart....................................................

.............................Gillespie................................Bridges.........................

Subs:

Cotterill/Murray

Orr

Brooker

Fortune

Keogh

Not bad...though Coterill would be my first choice

Tins will play 4-4-2. Expect a flat back 4 of Carey, Coles, Heywood & Goldbourne. I also expect Cotterill to get the nod on the right, with either Skuse or Russell to partner Wilkshire in midfield. Up front Brooker is a certainty, with Stewart. Bridges should he pass a medical will just give us more options from the bench.

Guest The Traveller

i think brooker will be up front with bridges if he signs.please keep fortune out of the 16 what do people see in him.

Tins will play 4-4-2. Expect a flat back 4 of Carey, Coles, Heywood & Goldbourne. I also expect Cotterill to get the nod on the right, with either Skuse or Russell to partner Wilkshire in midfield. Up front Brooker is a certainty, with Stewart. Bridges should he pass a medical will just give us more options from the bench.

right on the money

I agree, its 4-4-2 all the way with brooker and stewart up front. Michael bridges to come off the bench/ be back-up is not a bad thing either!!

p.s. completely disagree with Pete1975Legend's post in terms of both formation and the dropping of stevie brooker.

Guest kez_0569

to even consider murray u must not of went last season!! the bloke was a joke!! he couldnt go past a player and he couldnt put a decent cross in!! i think the team should be

...J.Smith.................Carey/Coles.....................Heywood................Goulbourne.

Coterill................................Wilkshire/Brown....................G.Smith.........

.............................Gillespie................................Brooker.........................

subs

carey/coles

russel

skuse

Wilkshire/Brown

woodman

...J.Smith..................Coles.....................Heywood................Goulbourne...

...................Brown..................Skuse....................G.Smith.......................

............................................Stewart.....................................................

........................Bridges................................Brooker..............................

subs

Carey

Russell

Wilkshire

Cotterill

Gillespie

Subs:

Cotterill/Murray

Orr

Brooker

Fortune

Keogh

no cole skuse, and murray evan considered thats laughable

Jamie Smith getting so many votes?!

Matters what you are looking for I spose.

Carey does an effective job, however, his mouth seems to be wired shut when playing.

Smith doesn't shut-up talking to his team-mates and encouraging. This is especially prevalent at the friendlies where you can hear a lot of what the players are saying.

His encouragement and guidance on the pitch for the likes of Brown, Cotterill, Harley, Skuse (i.e. the younger ones) is a pleasure to behold. The head up shouts, i'm right behind etc. etc. is making them better players.

I can see clearly why he was retained here and why he is Club Captain; I think his presence on the pitch is necessary to assist some of our younger players to shine!

This, for me, is why I have him ahead of Carey. I like Louis, but, he is an experienced player not using that to help others.

Smith doesn't shut-up talking to his team-mates and encouraging.  This is especially prevalent at the friendlies where you can hear a lot of what the players are saying.

You are having a laugh sunshine there is no way from the games last year and the 2 friendlies I have seen that he has opened his mouth.

Smith is probably the worse contract extension we have done and I personally wish he had gone to Walsall and how he is captain was by licking tinmans a** during the one to ones.Brooker was by far better as captain at the end of the season however I would give it to Coles or Stewart

You are having a laugh sunshine there is no way from the games last year and the 2 friendlies I have seen that he has opened his mouth.

Smith is probably the worse contract extension we have done and I personally wish he had gone to Walsall and how he is captain was by licking tinmans a** during the one to ones.Brooker was by far better as captain at the end of the season however I would give it to Coles or Stewart

Sunshine? You must be old to call me that. Slightly patronising I might add!

And no, i'm not having a laugh.

Your comment that he does not open his mouth is laughable, hence, I can't be arsed to even debate this with you until you can at least guarantee me you have cleaned your ears out thoroughly with a robust cotton-wool bud.

Enough of this 3-4-1-2 etc etc etc business!!!  Its 4-4-2 all the way, no other formation will work or be used by tinman.  End of.

Brian is that you?

Ooops, sorry, you said "end of" and I posted afterwards. That must be against your rules? sleeping.gif

Another 4-4-2 fan here. Playing Smith, Murray, or cotterell wingback is not a great plan as none of them are any good at defending! 3 upront just is daft with the midfields last season that over run us. Sticking to 4-4-2 is the intelligent mans formation.

Phillips

J.Smith Coles Heywood Goldbourne

Cotterell Russel Wilkshire Smith

Stewart Brooker

A strong back four, a attacking midfield with wilkshire and smith able to swap postions and Cotterell and Russel also. A decent upfront pairing that would be chllenged by Bridges providing we still get him (i hope) The only criticism would be the lack of defensive qualities in midfield, however I'm sure we could change russel or wilkshire for Skuse or dare i say it Fortune. That lad has alot still to offer us!

Anyway thats my contribution to the formation argument.

Brian is that you?

Ooops, sorry, you said "end of" and I posted afterwards.  That must be against your rules?  sleeping.gif

no not at all. everyone is entitled to their opinion and in hindsight my post was probably a bit "final". IMO 4-4-2 is the correct formation for bristol city and the formation that will be used come august 6th. that is my opinion.

Another 4-4-2 fan here. Playing Smith, Murray, or cotterell wingback is not a great plan as none of them are any good at defending! 3 upront just is daft with the midfields last season that over run us. Sticking to 4-4-2 is the intelligent mans formation.

Phillips

J.Smith Coles Heywood Goldbourne

Cotterell Russel Wilkshire Smith

Stewart Brooker

A strong back four, a attacking midfield with wilkshire and smith able to swap postions and Cotterell and Russel also. A decent upfront pairing that would be chllenged by Bridges providing we still get him (i hope) The only criticism would be the lack of defensive qualities in midfield, however I'm sure we could change russel or wilkshire for Skuse or dare i say it Fortune. That lad has alot still to offer us!

Anyway thats my contribution to the formation argument.

Smith will not start it will be Carey in that position and I think if Bridges signs Brooks will be looking towards the bench. Is Bridges seriously going to turn down championship sides for a subs bench in League 1 I doubt it

My prediction for the line-up come august 6th:

-----------------------Phillips-----------------------

Carey------Heywood---------Cole######------Golbourne

Cotterill----Wilkshire---------Skuse-------G Smith

------------Stewart-----------Brooker**-------------

* Depending on the club's action regarding his arrest

** Depending on Michael Bridges' form in pre-season (if he bangs in a hat-trick vs the Gas it will be hard to overlook him!)

Looks good to me!!!

city.gif

I think we'll definitely be playing a flat back four, as we haven't got enough strength in depth in central defence to be playing 3 centre backs with wing backs. I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest to see another centre back be brought in during pre season though.

My Team has got to be:

Phillips

Carey Heywood Coles Golbourne

Cotteril Skuse/Brown Russell Smith

Stewart Brooker

Subs

Keogh (Need Centre back)

J Smith (extra defensive option)

Wilks (Can play any position in a four playered midfield)

Bridges (Replacement Striker)

Woodman (Don't rate him much but u need a left footed wide option.)

Archived