IGNORED

Cardiff In Trouble Again!

The South Wales Echo has a story on Cardiff City's new Nigerian trialist.

Apparently they broke a few FA & FAW rules by fielding a Nigerian Player disapointed2se.gif who was not actually registered, action will follow.

I am sure the FA and Cardiff will come to some agreement which instead of punishing them will actually benefit them, maybe they will pay his wages & signing on fee!

• Admin
The South Wales Echo has a story on Cardiff City's new Nigerian trialist.

Apparently they broke a few FA & FAW rules by fielding a Nigerian Player disapointed2se.gif  who was not actually registered, action will follow.

I am sure the FA and Cardiff will come to some agreement which instead of punishing them will actually benefit them, maybe they will pay his wages & signing on fee!

The rules and regulations that apply to the rest of us don't apply to our Welsh friends. Simple as that.

By "FA" you mean "Welsh FA" of course.

Woe betide they be governed by the FA of the country whose league they play in.

That would leave them exposed to the same punishments as everyone else and that just wouldn't be fair.

points deduction maybe?

Won't happen for a friendly. If it happened in the league then that would be the least they would expect. As usual though, the Welsh FA will do sod-all. Surely the rules must be changed so that a club is governed by the ruling body of the country of the league it actually plays in.

Guest sprout1883
I've been saying for years that Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Merthyr and Colwyn Bay should be playing in their own Country's league. It makes no sense at all to have them in the English pyramid system.

Not so long ago, we had the farce of them playing in the English and Welsh FA cups and being almost guaranteed a place in the Euro cup winners competition through winning their cup.

Europe finally woke up and put a stop to that - they now cannot play in their own country's cup competition. But that was the wrong action - they should have insisted on them being in the Welsh league, which can only strengthen their own domestic league.

Madness.

the thing is Cardiff and swansea couldn't survive in the welsh league. The non-league teams probably could, and if Cardiff and swansea were in the welsh league it would be a rangers and celtic type thuing

the thing is Cardiff and swansea couldn't survive in the welsh league. The non-league teams probably could, and if Cardiff and swansea were in the welsh league it would be a rangers and celtic type thuing

What ....and you care if Cardiff and Swansea don't survive.... dunno.gif

I don't... razz.gif

Archived