IGNORED

Dave Burborough

lenred

don't usually post - usually just read - however I felt compelled to add my thoughts on this lad......

Offered a contract, a chance to become a hero at his local club and he has turned it down?!!!!! (I obviously appreciate that most of his time would be spent in the reserves but surely still worth a shot?) blink.gif

I'd rip my own right arm off to play 5 minutes at a packed Gate and he turns it down.....Must have a bloody good job.....anyone know what he does that is so special and that he can't take a years sabbatical from?!!

he must be nuts - what the hell job has he got to keep him away from a year at a pro football club? MAN --- I'd give my left testicle for that chance.

Now you're just talking b####cks!

Guest ScottishRed

That's his pregotative.

I had a mate who was offered a 1-year deal at Northampton Town on just over 25k a year.

He already earns £40k in the City in a secure job and picks up £200 per week playing non-league. He felt he'd already had his chance after being released by Notts Forest after being YTS there.

When you look at it like this, you can understand why players turn down moves into the professional game. There are some very good players playing non-league, who would be even better with full-time training. But, some already have very good jobs and pick up money to pay the mortgage playing football on a saturday and training twice a week.

Guest cider_kirk
That's his pregotative.

I had a mate who was offered a 1-year deal at Northampton Town on just over 25k a year.

He already earns £40k in the City in a secure job and picks up £200 per week playing non-league. He felt he'd already had his chance after being released by Notts Forest after being YTS there.

When you look at it like this, you can understand why players turn down moves into the professional game. There are some very good players playing non-league, who would be even better with full-time training. But, some already have very good jobs and pick up money to pay the mortgage playing football on a saturday and training twice a week.

i went to skool with him so wouldnt suprise me if he had a good job as he was a smart lad, i think he was a saghead though, coming from longwell green maybe dunno.gif

talking to a mate of mine last night who is a mate of burborugh's, he turned it down because he would make more money staying in his job and playing semi pro.

if thats the case, then fair play to burborough for actually being mature enough to make that decision.

and it would have been nigh impossible to displace stewart, brooker, gillespie, bridges and cotterill for a starting berth.

I think he works in the patent office, or an office where they deal with patents where a friend of mine works.  She doesn't know anything about football, but said to me that he worked there

Einstein was working in a patent office when he wrote his theory of general relativity!

Einstein was working in a patent office when he wrote his theory of general relativity!

Were we after him too?!

Gutted, think of the publicity we could have had. We could still be raking it in from the merchandise now! biggrin.gif

Archived