IGNORED

Bridges Or Brooker

glastonred

I certainly applaud the signing of Michael Bridges, if he can stay injury free I'm sure he'll be a huge asset in our bid for promotion, certainly his having played before with Stewart is a big advantage, BUT where does this leave Brooker? Having been virtually assured to be first choice partner for Marcus, I reckon he must be feeling pretty apprehensive now that an ex-Premiership player has joined the team, who Tins may feel has more experience. And as for Steve Gillespie he could find himself back at Cheltenham again if he's not going to get regular first team outings, as seemed likely pre-Bridges. Especially if Cotterill gets the nod before him.

Guest roejowland

i think we already had the best strike partnership in the division with brooker and stewart, now with bridges it makes this a very interesting choice for tins and millen. maybe 4-3-3 comes back to mind although tins said he wants to play 4-4-2

I certainly applaud the signing of Michael Bridges, if he can stay injury free I'm sure he'll be a huge asset in our bid for promotion, certainly his having played before with Stewart is a big advantage, BUT where does this leave Brooker? Having been virtually assured to be first choice partner for Marcus, I reckon he must be feeling pretty apprehensive now that an ex-Premiership player has joined the team, who Tins may feel has more experience. And as for Steve Gillespie he could find himself back at Cheltenham again if he's not going to get regular first team outings, as seemed likely pre-Bridges. Especially if Cotterill gets the nod before him.

After the siging i think will see more action in transfers it will all pan out into one big picture! i see it now

Cotterill is 1st choice right winger in my opinion, i can see Stewart and Brooker starting together with Bridges on the bench getting half hour run out for the 1st few games, as for Gillespie who knows, i doubt Tins will risk loaning him out because if we have injuries or suspensions up front then he will be called upon, Tinnion should definetly give the guy a chance especially after his great start to pre-season.

Bridges has also played wide before I believe. We should be playing 55 or so games next year assuming we win a couple in the cups. That means there's enough play time for each of the 3 main strikers to get near 40 starts.

I'd like to see Gillespie given an opportunity or we'll lose him but this may be the cost if Bridges is fit and on form.

PS Let's not have the whole 433 discussion again pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Nibor

Guest alex1089

Brooks and Stewart must start together in my opinion. Bridges to work himself into the side and get the odd 30mins to start off with.

The choice between a Brooker who we know gets the job done and can score consistently at this level, or a Bridges who played mostly reserve grade for Sunderland who could not find a place for him in their squad.

IMO Bridges has to prove himself from the bench and in training. Its Brookers position to lose, not a walk in for Bridges.

Gillespie must be feeling totally inadequate. Tins gave him only 1 league start last season, loaned him twice to Cheltenham, and now signs another striker presumeably higher up the pecking order than Gillespie.

Millen says last week , it was good to see Gillespie score twice, now all he has to do is repeat the effort in training. Plenty of great players are lousy trainers. Training does not have real match intensity. Give Gilly a fair go !

Archived