IGNORED

Steve Lansdown's Ht Comments

Dolman Queen

Just heard Steve Lansdown answering questions on Radio Bristol at half time regarding Bridges and Coles. Bridges definitely all agreed bar the medical and he reiterated that Danny Coles is a BCFC player although there are interested parties. He said Danny feels he should be a Championship player and if anyone comes in with the right valuation he can go.

Bit of a different story to earlier in the week when we were going to keep him whether or not he signed a contract. Writing on the wall. Bye.

Guest alex1089

Yeh, heard them to. Bridges has just got to sign the contract on the dotted lines and get that sorted. I think Coles will be gone by next saturday.

why should DANNY COLES be a championship player the little up start.

city should be a championship team but we are not.

don't forget DANNY that you are part of the team that didn't get us

promoted.

Don't worry he will never make it at a higher level.

Don't worry he will never make it at a higher level.

Some people would also have said that about Hill, Doc, Peacock,Lita(!), Brown etc, etc. Collectively they couldn't get there but individually they all have, one way or another.

Some people would also have said that about Hill, Doc, Peacock,Lita(!), Brown etc, etc. Collectively they couldn't get there but individually they all have, one way or another.

Exactly, some fell out of favour here for a variety of reasons and others were not rated but are now all with teams at a higher level than us - good luck to them and I do hope all of them do well, including Coles if he leaves (which seems likely now). A loss to city, in my view yes, good players all of them - have we replaced with better, only time will tell and this season is the time to tell! But can't really fault them for wanting to play at a higher level if clubs want them and we don't.

Exactly, some fell out of favour here for a variety of reasons and others were not rated but are now all with teams at a higher level than us - good luck to them and I do hope all of them do well, including Coles if he leaves (which seems likely now).  A loss to city, in my view yes, good players all of them - have we replaced with better, only time will tell and this season is the time to tell!  But can't really fault them for wanting to play at a higher level if clubs want them and we don't.

Good shout.

I am amazed how so many fans give them so much stick for wanting to move on.

Players come players go.

If they can play at a higher level, then brill.

I am sure many of them would have wanted it to be with BCFC.

A reasonably new team will turn out next season & as you say bobby, we await to see if the players at the club now can perform as a team to get us out this poxy division.

Exactly, some fell out of favour here for a variety of reasons and others were not rated but are now all with teams at a higher level than us - good luck to them and I do hope all of them do well, including Coles if he leaves (which seems likely now).  A loss to city, in my view yes, good players all of them - have we replaced with better, only time will tell and this season is the time to tell!  But can't really fault them for wanting to play at a higher level if clubs want them and we don't.

If we have replaced these players with a little less quality but much more spirit and effort then we are better off. Having skill and ability is one thing using it is another and Danny Coles just hasn't done it often enough. I want someone who gives everything for this club!

If we have replaced these players with a little less quality but much more spirit and effort then we are better off. Having skill and ability is one thing using it is another and Danny Coles just hasn't done it often enough. I want someone who gives everything for this club!

To a degree I can agree with that and think we have actually brought in some good proven quality players (Bridges, Heywood, Stewart), and some that maybe are not necessarily any better than what we had in terms of skill & ability (G.Smith, Russell, Keogh). As I said it is too early to say.

But equally little point in having a load of players who are prepared to give everything for the club but who are just not good enough in terms of skill, ability and experience. I'm not saying that is the case, just suggesting commitment isn't the only thing we need from new and existing players.

Archived