IGNORED

Qpr Vs Brighton

BournemouthRed

Just watched extended highlights of QPR vs Brighton on Meridian's Soccer Sunday.

Rangers won 2-1 but they were very lucky to win after Clarke Carlisle blatantly handled on the line after 5 minutes. The ref bottled it and gave neither a penalty or a red card.

QPR were also lucky that Leon Knight was misfiring for Brighton - he missed 3 good chances over the course of the game.

What QPR did have was a clinical ability to take their chances. Martin Rowlands opener was a superb individual run from halfway followed by a curling effort from the edge of the box. What a player he looks - a contender for goal of the season.

Second goal was expertly finished by Kevin Gallen - running through the defence.

Brighton pulled one back on the stroke of half time when Danny Cullip headed in unmarked from a corner. QPR were shoddy defensively and showed no signs of being the team who had only conceded 3 goals at home in the league.

They held on after the break but Brighton missed some gilt-edged chances and should have taken something from the game - especially considering Carlisle's early discretion.

I've blagged a free ticket to see Bournemouth play QPR next week so hopefully my adopted town can do us a favour and take advantage of the defensive frailties evident yesterday at Loftus Road..........

QPR were also lucky that Leon Knight was misfiring for Brighton - he missed 3 good chances over the course of the game.

What QPR did have was a clinical ability to take their chances.

Your impression confirms the first couple of paragraphs of the report in the Observer - pity Knight chose yesterday for an off-day. In Sport First he's scored 17 league goals from 60 efforts - that's what I call striking.

Mark McGee was quoted as saying the front two are too far ahead and we won't catch Bristol City either.

Your impression confirms the first couple of paragraphs of the report in the Observer - pity Knight chose yesterday for an off-day. In Sport First he's scored 17 league goals from 60 efforts - that's what I call striking.

Mark McGee was quoted as saying the front two are too far ahead and we won't catch Bristol City either.

Knight is going through a "dip" in form at the moment (for him 2 goals in 7 games is a dip!) and this has coincided with Albion's drop out of the play-off places.

They have signed Trevor Benjamin to try and bolster their strikeforce but I agree with McGhee's assesment - I don't think they'll catch us.

Archived