IGNORED

Renewed Optimism

WesM

I once again find myself counting down the days to the new season, full of the optimism that almost ever fan around the country has (except Watford fans who will be happy to survive relegation!).

I must confess to this optimism wavering at one point during the off season. In true Bristol City style, things were going to well. Marcus had signed, new stand being built, top scorer talking of forging new relationship with Marcus and scoring 50 between them by Christmas (made that last bit up). Then within 2 days........Lita gone, stand delayed and the usual tosh being touted in the papers about signings and we missed out on Coughlan.

But credit where it's due, more signings have come in the shape of Richard Keogh and two more (Bridges and Partridge) are en route.

Brian and Steve have done a good job in moving out the dead wood/uncommitted/unliked and made some tidy money, even spending a little of it!

No-one can say that this isn't Brian's team now. Now he must be feeling the pressure to deliver more than ever. Steve said "judge me on Tinnion." At the end of the season the judgement will come.

I hope we are Champions by then........and I can't wait!

C'mon you reds! Opitimism restored.

Archived