IGNORED

Plenty Of 'well Chat On Parto

Keepers Ball

The more i hear about this guy the less annoyed i am about Graham Coughlan not joining us, it seems this chap has everything on his side including age.

ok we shelled out 150k for him, 50k more than we offered Plymuff for GC, but 'Parto' as he's affectionly known now looks the better signing.

Guest Eamer

their fans seem 50/50 with him leaving them so i'm not sure what to expect, just hoping he can gel with the rest of the new players quick enough.

The more i hear about this guy the less annoyed i am about Graham Coughlan not joining us, it seems this chap has everything on his side including age.

ok we shelled out 150k for him, 50k more than we offered Plymuff for GC, but 'Parto' as he's affectionly known now looks the better signing.

agree with that one.

their fans seem 50/50 with him leaving them so i'm not sure what to expect, just hoping he can gel with the rest of the new players quick enough.

I don't think any are happy with him going for the price we got him for though, a few think they have 1 better centre back but none are happy to see him leave, from the long thread.

Check out the comments made on this forum about our players once they leave. Majority fall slightly short of complimentary.

On the basis that Motherwell are knocking him, I'm convinced he's a gem....

Guest 'Flow

Just a 'Well fan here that has taken the time to look you guys up and give you any information you need about Parto!

He joined us from Dundee Utd about three years ago and was one of Terry Butcher's first signings at Fir Park. Butcher used his connections at Tannadice at the time (he used to be a coach up there) and felt he could do a job. He started off very shaky indeed and it looked as if he was going to struggle to make the grade! He would try and take a striker on and lose it, or try and seventy yard diagonal pass that would find no one. That season his disciplinary record was appalling as well (Ten yellow cards and two reds). However, in that summer Butcher managed to sign Northern Ireland International Central Defender Stevie Craigan and things for Parto just seemed to blossom. He had an excellent season that was cut short mid0way through because of a pretty serious injury. However, it was last season that his progress was extremely evident. Gone were the days of youthful exuberance and silly mistakes and we now had a no nonsense central defender who was shining in all our matches. He had come full circle and instead of our defenders covering for him, he was now the player doing the covering. He was rewarded for his excellent performances by winning a call up to the Welsh squad only a week after he scored in the League Cup Final for Motherwell against Rangers! He also cleaned up his act on the disciplinary front which brought a lot more consistency into his football!

He has excellent ability in the air and can read a game of football very well. He is very strong but sometimes his distribution from the back can be a wee bit shaky!

For 150k, you have a smashing player and I really wish him all the very best of luck. He's a smashing guy to boot and good luck to him and BCFC for the up-coming season.

Oh, and the website at the top is a wee bit miss informing. That is just an affiliate site of the biggest 'Well site on the web:

www.welltrustfc.net

Cheers

'Flow

Just a 'Well fan here that has taken the time to look you guys up and give you any information you need about Parto!

He joined us from Dundee Utd about three years ago and was one of Terry Butcher's first signings at Fir Park. Butcher used his connections at Tannadice at the time (he used to be a coach up there) and felt he could do a job. He started off very shaky indeed and it looked as if he was going to struggle to make the grade! He would try and take a striker on and lose it, or try and seventy yard diagonal pass that would find no one. That season his disciplinary record was appalling as well (Ten yellow cards and two reds). However, in that summer Butcher managed to sign Northern Ireland International Central Defender Stevie Craigan and things for Parto just seemed to blossom. He had an excellent season that was cut short mid0way through because of a pretty serious injury. However, it was last season that his progress was extremely evident. Gone were the days of youthful exuberance and silly mistakes and we now had a no nonsense central defender who was shining in all our matches. He had come full circle and instead of our defenders covering for him, he was now the player doing the covering. He was rewarded for his excellent performances by winning a call up to the Welsh squad only a week after he scored in the League Cup Final for Motherwell against Rangers! He also cleaned up his act on the disciplinary front which brought a lot more consistency into his football!

He has excellent ability in the air and can read a game of football very well. He is very strong but sometimes his distribution from the back can be a wee bit shaky!

For 150k, you have a smashing player and I really wish him all the very best of luck. He's a smashing guy to boot and good luck to him and BCFC for the up-coming season.

Oh, and the website at the top is a wee bit miss informing. That is just an affiliate site of the biggest 'Well site on the web:

www.welltrustfc.net

Cheers

'Flow

Very interesting, thanks. Best of luck with your season.

Do forgive our lack of manners in not replying en masse - we have a little local issue that is taking up our thoughts tonight! biggrin.gif

Guest MrsWilksi

your not sure of anything dance.gif

Interesting quote on the welltrust board:

Another thing that I didn't mention on that post was that he said his little brother was due to get out of Barlinnie a few weeks later in October and he wanted to make sure that he was there for him when he moved back down to stay with family.

Incidentally, Parto said that he would probably have suffered the same fate if it wasn't for football.

From this, and from noting his disciplinary record which was terrible but seems to have dramatically improved, and also from just looking at the guy...

I think we've got an enforcer type player who'll scare the pants off alot of strikers and won't take any crap. I'm pleased because that steel in the middle was probably the one thing (other than a goalkeeper reserve) that I felt was missing from our first XI when we let Tommy D go. If Partridge can add a certain amount of meanness without being suspended all the time it will be a massive add to the team. I can't see many forwards relishing going up against a centre back pairing of Heywood and this guy.

Nibor

www.welltrustfc.net

Cheers

'Flow

Good stuff - thanks 'Flow. Best of luck to you and yours for the forthcoming season. If Parto does the business for us, I'll become a Motherwell supporter (unless we meet in the European Champions League razz.gif ).

Cheers

'Flow

Thanks for taking the time mate, all the best to Motherwell for the coming season.

PS. Just wondering while you're 'here' - what do the fans of clubs such as yours make of the Rangers and Celtic to the Premiership debate?

Guest 'Flow
PS. Just wondering while you're 'here' - what do the fans of clubs such as yours make of the Rangers and Celtic to the Premiership debate?

Thanks for your best wishes for the season. I think we are going to find it very tough to emulate our previous seasons accomplishments but we will give I our best try!

Your last point is a very much-discussed point north of the border. I think it's pretty safe to say that over 90% of fans outwith (and probably a similar percentage of Old Firm fans) would LOVE for them to leave and go south. However, I don't think it will ever happen. From our point of view, it would make our league MUCH more competitive. Whilst there would be an obvious drop in quality and a drop in potential marketing and advertising potentials, that could be made up with more fans returning through the gate. Our game up here has been stale for two decades and that's because the best you can realistically hope for each season is third place. There can be no pre-season optimism in terms of a Championship push because there is absolutely no hope of it ever happening.

Old Firm fans and the Weejie (Derogatory term for a Glaswegian) media would have you believe that it would ruin the game in this country. That the huge traveling supports that would no longer travel would cripple teams. In actual fact, because of increasing prices (I will pay nearly thirty pounds to watch a Celtic -v- Motherwell game this year and on average twenty two pounds for an average game in the league) and the increased TV coverage means away supports from the Old Firm are falling year on year. Infact, last season we had two separate occasions where Old Firm games at Fir Park drew LESS than 10,000 fans. It could be argued that say a Motherwell -vs- Hearts game at Fir Park with both teams riding high challenging for the league would draw well over 10,000 and I firmly believe that to be the case. Ultimately, the only way we will boost attendances in Scotland is if teams are doing well and there is a competitive league and with Rangers and Celtic in the league, that will NEVER happen! There is also the unique situation in West Central Scotland (and even Scotland as a whole) of bigotry that follows the Old Firm. I would LOVE that to be diluted by having the Old Firm out our game, although I wouldn't wish the association problems on anyone else either!

From an English point of view, I can see no reasons why the English leagues would want them there. The associate off-field problems that I mentioned above would and should be a major factor. Not only that, why on earth should a team like BCFC be forced to give up their potential jackpot of a Premiership place because two teams from another country got to big for their boots!

Naw, you are better of without them but then again... So are we!

A popular acronym in Scotland is OFGTF - Old Firm get to {ahem}

'Flow

Archived