IGNORED

Yeovil 1 - Southampton 3

One Team

Just got back from watching Yeovil vs. Southampton in a pre-season friendly with a Saints supporting colleague.

Firstly, its very odd being an AWAY "fan" in the away end with a load of fans from a team you don't support, watching another team you don't support!

Secondly, we've NOTHING to fear from Yeovil next season.

Yeovil pass the ball on the deck well but they're is no end product - couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo tonight!

Southampton were poor themselves and easily held back Yeovil, as tidy as their football was, Yeovil struggle to finish anything.

Bring on New Years Eve!

One Team

Guest fatherdougal

Well there was plenty of 'end product' last season; quite apart from seeing Brooker-Bridges-Stewart shredding League 1 defences, I'm curious to see

how the Glovers 'hell for leather' style is going to hold up. I watched them twice last season and they all just chase round the park for 90 minutes without stopping.

The 'one over the top' is the one they have trouble with, no concept of defence!

Guest SupraRob

I saw the Yeovil v West Ham game the other day. Being a bit of a West Ham fan as well I can say that we were awful (but was a very 2nd string side, still no excuse). Yeovil looked quite dangerous attacking but very easy to have chances against without having to be too inventive. Probably why they scored loads last year but also conceded loads.

Oh, and hi everyone.

Archived