IGNORED

Aron Ralston

Martyn Hocking

As some of you know, I earn my living as a sports journalist, and get to meet some talented/interesting people along the way. Well this afternoon I interviewed the most awesome person I have come across in a very long time.

He's called Aron Ralston and is one super-fit bloke - he has just completed a 100-mile ultramarathon through the mountains of Colorado in 45 hours and doesn't even consider himself a runner.

His main passion is climbing and he is in training to climb the highest mountain in each of the 50 US States in 50 days.

He came to fame a couple of years ago when a boulder fell on his arm on a climbing trip in Utah and he had to cut his own hand off with a blunt penknife to escape - and yes it really did hurt!!

Why do I wish he played for City? Because he has more guts and determination to succeed at whatever he tackles than about 20 of your average pro footballers. This bloke would walk through walls to get to where he wants to go.

I'm sending a copy of his book 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place' to Tinman as a motivational bedside read (insert your own joke here about Tins cutting off his own right leg and not missing it during his playing career if you wish...).

Hope it does the trick!

Well_Red

I'm sending a copy of his book 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place' to Tinman as a motivational bedside read (insert your own joke here about Tins cutting off his own right leg and not missing it during his playing career if you wish...).

Hope it does the trick!

Well_Red

I saw a copy of his book once and had a look through the blurb. It must have been amazing to meet him.

Archived