IGNORED

Heywood's Departure Signalled Collapse

WesM

We looked solid as a rock tonight in the first half, then at half time, Heywood went off and "Crazy-Legs" Fortune came on and we lost all shape and composure at the back.

Hats off to Heywood and Keogh (who played really well alongside him). They seemed organised and coherent.

Fatman ratings below if interested Starting 11:

Phillips 7 Looked shaky under a few crosses for a change, but shot stopping excellent as always and was quickly off his line to thwart at least two 1 on 1's.

J Smith 6 Did everything he needed to do without setting the world on fire

Heywood 9 Won everthing, organised all around him.

Keogh 8 Won most of his headers with ease and looked comfortable on the ball. Looked keen to play the ball out of defence.

Golbourne 6 Lack of experience showed at times. Got caught out of position a few times and looked reluctant to link up with Brown on left flank.

Murray 7 Took goal well and looked like getting back into some kind of "old self".........briefly.

Russell 7 good vision and ability to pick a pass. linked back 4 into midfield well. Lack of match practice was obvious as caught in possesion a few times.

Orr 6 Looking to take over Tommy's role of midfield enforcer. Lucky not to get booked in first half after 2 rash tackles in as many minutes.

Brown 7 100% effort as usual but for my money, left midfield is not his best position.

Gillespie 7 Looked lively in fits and spurts, esp for the pen which he converted well. Had trouble retaining possesion at times as ball bounced off him.

Bridges 8 Looked really good when coming deeper and linking up the play. Got into some really good positions only for lack of match practice to let him down.

Subs:.......Fortune 5 Poor tonight. Lacked any shape and control tonight.

Stewart 5 A few good flicks but nothing else from the new messiah. Could have been sent off for elbowing town player

Harley 5 one run and shot. Nothing else.

G Smith.7 A few neat touches again. one thunderbolt of a shot which keeper did well to keep out.

Cotterill 6 Not as effective playing as front man and should stay on wing.

Cheers.

i agree first half we were solid..

belive me in saying tonight at cheltenham Matt Heywood was awsome

up to half time when tinnion decided to bring that clown on fortune in his place and

city crumbled from 3-0 up to 3-3, i've never seen such crap as fortune

played tonight, how the hell is this man in the team, we were solid and cruising untill he came on, get shot of him and quick disapointed2se.gif

Fortune was pretty good on Monday, but that was alongside Heywood...In Heading practice before the game Fortune & Carey both looked shakey, haven't mentioned that.

Archived