IGNORED

Calling All Whitchurch Reds....

Sargent Pepper

During the close season i've moved to sunny Whitchurch and was wondering if anyone knew of any buses that i might be able to catch to, or near Ashton Gate for the coming season. Buses that pass through Bamfield or Airport Road would be ideal but beggers can't be choosers so any help would be gratefully recieved. Ta!

i live near Whitchurch, and the very few occasions i have caught a bus to Ashton Gate, i have had to catch a bus into Broadmead then catch a second bus from there. Although if you buy a day rider it isnt that dear, its just a hassle.

I will be driving not long after the season begins so if you want a lift, maybe we can arrange something, PM me

Guest 2 acres red
During the close season i've moved to sunny Whitchurch and was wondering if anyone knew of any buses that i might be able to catch to, or near Ashton Gate for the coming season. Buses that pass through Bamfield or Airport Road would be ideal but beggers can't be choosers so any help would be gratefully recieved. Ta!

i live in hengrove/whitchurch i drive to all the games if you pm me i would be happy to give you a lift to the games if you want

Thanks for info and the very kind offers of lifts (very much appreciated) but the reason i was enqirying was because i usually get to ashton early and have a few pints before and after so would be leaving at different times from your goodselves.

Thanks again but is there anyone else who has any bus info?...

Thanks for info and the very kind offers of lifts (very much appreciated) but the reason i was enqirying was because i usually get to ashton early and have a few pints before and after so would be leaving at different times from your goodselves.

Thanks again but is there anyone else who has any bus info?...

The 20/21 stops outside Asda, or further down by the mini roundabout on Bamfield.

This takes you into York Road/Asda Bedminster area, a short walk from there or you could then muck about and catch the 25 in the centre to Ashton.

As someone said, it's about a 50-60 minute walk from Bamfield.

I drive there, tis such a hassle going into town and out again to get to AG sad.gif

• Admin

Buses from Whitchurch to the Gate.......... rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif one word - pathetic - I tried once and have never tried again. I caught a bus from the village at 12.30 and was still sat on it at the end of Marksbury Road at 1.40, needless to say I got the driver to open the door, so I could get off and get to the pub via Bartletts Bridge.

I usually blag a lift there and back ( as I too, make a day of it with a few beers before and after the game) failing that the one hour walk is quicker than the bus. The downside to this is the large gap betwen pubs until you get to the Bemmy end of the Hartcliffe Way.

Archived