IGNORED

Paul Heffernan

Mad Cyril

While the priority will be to get behind our team on Saturday, what sort of reaction will Heffers get?

Surely he's worth a cheer - did every thing he could for us when he did get on the pitch, and never moaned.

Will anyone here boo him? please say no, he's not Dinning.....

While the priority will be to get behind our team on Saturday, what sort of reaction will Heffers get?

Surely he's worth a cheer - did every thing he could for us when he did get on the pitch, and never moaned.

Will anyone here boo him? please say no, he's not Dinning.....

I can't see that Heff did anything wrong at BCFC........ more wrong time & wrong place as far as he was concerned?

It might have been so different eh............... oh well history, as they say smile.gif

I'll clap his name in the warm-up, but, that is about it.

Certainly won't boo anybody, it's 5 months til panto time and only then I will do it under protest.

My support will be fully dedicated to the ones in red shirts.

Wish Heff all the best this year, except for 2 games!

Heffernon should get a good reception from city fans. He did nothing wrong was just unlucky not getting in the first team. Wonder what would have happened if Lita hadn't scored to many goals and Heffs was playing and scored lots of goals. Would he have got interest from championship clubs??

Heffernon should get a good reception from city fans. He did nothing wrong was just unlucky not getting in the first team. Wonder what would have happened if Lita hadn't scored to many goals and Heffs was playing and scored lots of goals. Would he have got interest from championship clubs??

No ........ but he might have had a better chance of winning the Euro Lottery?

I never boo former players as a rule, I'd appluad heff and then hope he has a mare.  It will be a good test of our new defence, he's fairly quick and we know he can be clinical in the box, the lads will need to keep focussed.

Heff is NOT quick, I remember him being outpaced by Heywood at Swindon in the LDV blink.gif

Heff is NOT quick, I remember him being outpaced by Heywood at Swindon in the LDV  blink.gif

He is no slouch though, he is as the above poster mentioned "FAIRLY QUICK".

I will clap Heff when he comes out to warm up and when his name is read out.... He was never given a real chance here (not anybodys fault) but he NEVER moaned or complained about it, he just kept his head down, worked hard and gave 100% every time he got his chance.

A true professional and I truly wish him all the best for the future and hope he goes on to bigger and better things - apart from when he plays against City of course!!!!!!

He's hardly a city legend but he'll get a decent round of applause as

A) He did the business when required. B) didn't moan all the time about being left out C) didn't slag the club off when he left D) seemed like a nice bloke

We've moved on to better things, he gets to play every week everyones happy right?

I never boo former players as a rule, I'd appluad heff and then hope he has a mare.  It will be a good test of our new defence, he's fairly quick and we know he can be clinical in the box, the lads will need to keep focussed.

Not even Thorpe?!?

Guest kez_0569

every time the bloke came on dint look fit and walked around the lot of the time, probaly why he was left out. he doesnt desrve a boo but deff was not a great history maker at city eiva so no reaction to him from me

Guest Bristol Red Rover

You can bet he'll be getting some noise from us. He's going to have a ball on his return to the Gate - the match ball.

So who'll be fired up the most substitute Stewart farmer.gif or our Heffs chant6ez.gif

You can bet he'll be getting some noise from us. He's going to have a ball on his return to the Gate - the match ball.

So who'll be fired up the most substitute Stewart  farmer.gif  or our Heffs  chant6ez.gif

No match ball for Heffs - it's already got Stewart's name all over it!

According to our website, they only expect about 600 of you lot down here. That can't be right, can it? I thought you guys had a much bigger following than that, particularly for the first game of the season (holidays allowing, of course).

city.gif

Guest Bristol Red Rover

I'd guesstimate 1000, but you never know with it being start of season, sunny day in beautiful Brizzle, high expectations at both clubs - it could be a few hundred more.

Your website may be basing it on how many came last season?

Archived