IGNORED

Would Anybody Else Be Optimistic This Season If...

buanryoh

We didnt look at our defense and get a bit worried? To be the top team in this division obviously you need a solid defense and i don`t see that in the lads we have (i don`t see a terribly weak defense, I see a good enough defense for a top ten finish but not 1st or 2nd). I would say we need one real quality defender who can play leftback or centre back. Dreaming i know, surely a loan from a championship team wouldn`t be a bad thing?

That guy Coles from Hull might be a good bet? blink.gif

I understand what you are saying and I feel Forest will win the title because of their back 4. BUT under Wilson we had the best defensive record in the country but only finished 3rd! Breaking down teams at the Gate could be the key to a successful season - we dropped far too many points at home last season.

I doubt any club in the division would be happy about facing 2 from Heywood, Keogh and Partridge (not going to mention anybody else in that position whistling.gif ).

On the left you have Golbourne and Woodman fighting it out.

On the right you have Carey and Smith.

I would say there is enough scope and cover to put out one of the best defences in the league.

I can't imagine many teams putting out a better back-line. Fair play to them if they can.

I doubt any club in the division would be happy about facing 2 from Heywood, Keogh and Partridge (not going to mention anybody else in that position  whistling.gif ).

On the left you have Golbourne and Woodman fighting it out.

On the right you have Carey and Smith.

I would say there is enough scope and cover to put out one of the best defences in the league.

I can't imagine many teams putting out a better back-line.  Fair play to them if they can.

Totally agree with you.

You have Heywood who is an absolute beast of a man (as the super seven photo showed), a highly rated Scottish Premier defender in Partridge, and a highly rated, up and coming defender in Keogh - and one that seems hell of a lot more diciplined that "that boy Coles".

Only time will tell, but I feel we have one of the strongest defences if all are fit - and don't forget, the fact that we did have a good defence under Wilson is not down to Butler and Coles - but down to the banana between the sticks.

Archived