IGNORED

Brooker Must Start

Redtrojan

Tricky to drop one of our high profile ,probably high earning strikers.But for me Brooker offers us something different.We play better with a target man and he has to start for me on tues.

Otherwise i'm sure the team will bed down over the next few matches.Look at the situation after 10 games ,if we're not on or near 20 points then perhaps we should start to be concerned,but i think we will be fine.At least i hope we will.

Tricky to drop one of our high profile ,probably high earning strikers.But for me Brooker offers us something different.We play better with a target man and he has to start for me on tues.

Otherwise i'm sure the team will bed down over the next few matches.Look at the situation after 10 games ,if we're not on or near 20 points then perhaps we should start to be concerned,but i think we will be fine.At least i hope we will.

I sort of agree in that we did look more effective when Brooker came on. However Bringing on something different tends to have a much biggere effect that it has starting with that, so in some ways i think Brooker for the moment will be most effective starting on the bench.

If you start with Bridges and Stewart you give them the touch of class that both have, the trickery etc to cope with, now suddeny intriduce Brooker into the equasion and the defence has a completely different makeup of the strike force to deal with, because Brooks is a very different player to both Stewart and bridges, but star twith Brooks and if it doesn't work, plan B is pretty much the same as plan A so wont necessarily make much of an impact. With this Plan B is completely different to plan A meaning a defensive reshuffle which is what gifted us some of our chances today after Brooks came on.

Personally i'd leave the Stewart and Bridges partnership a little time to develop, if it's not produced any goals after 3 games then mabye think about changing it but until then i'd keep it as it is.

Personally I think that Stewart and Bridges will cause a lot of teams trouble throughout the season. Unfortunately for us, Bridges has not had much time to play with, and understand Stewarts style of play. I could see in todays game some excellent touches and movement from the front two and believe them to be a superb attacking pair. Time will prove my point [i hope]. On the other hand you have to use Doncaster as an excuse as to why things didn't quite go our way in today's match. Their attacking play caused us to panic and rush a bit as the game progressed, whereas they were also hard to break down at the back. Brooker is a superb player for City but time is important as to seeing if our "title winning" signings can deliver the goods.

Sorry, but you don't drop your in form striker PROVEN at this level for two who have have to get used to the pace. I would start Brookerman, and Bridges meself........but whatever Brookerman should start, we looked more dangerous with him on than before........

Sorry, but you don't drop your in form striker PROVEN at this level for two  who have have to get used to the pace. I would start Brookerman, and Bridges meself........but whatever Brookerman should start, we looked more dangerous with him on than before........

Brooker would be the first player down on my team sheet- especially after the power we lacked upfront today for 70 mins. He came closest to scoring and caused problems as he always does.

Totally agree.

Brooker should be first name on Tinnions team sheet .......... each and every week.

Both Bridges and Stewart have a lot to offer in terms of experience and skill, but neither have Brookers sheer physical presence which is essential at this level.

John NB

Brooker will undoubtedly have a good season, he will want to play out of his skin because he knows he has to compete for a place with two strikers who have brought a lot of hype and attention on themselves and the club, so he knows he needs to prove himself.

Dollymarie

I think Brooker is a fine striker, but I wouldn't necessarily call him a 'target man'. Whenever a high ball is sent his way he rarely wins the header. When he receives a low ball he's a different class altogether. He's got a good turn on him, and an eye for goal, but a header he is not.

Guest walshy shuffle
Totally agree.

Brooker should be first name on Tinnions team sheet .......... each and every week.

Both Bridges and Stewart have a lot to offer in terms of experience and skill, but neither have Brookers sheer physical presence which is essential at this level.

John NB

Brooker deserves a place in team,goals,hard work,team player..what else is needed??play him!! smile.gif

As soon as Brooker came on we changed our tactics to launching the ball a lot more at his head, and he didn't win anywhere near as many headers as he should if we play that tactic. Without any real pace along side him there is no point in playing him and launching balls up to him. I thought we were a lot more lively with Bridges on, and were holding up the ball better before. For me Brooker will be better starting against the likes of Brentford and Colchester where there will be a much greater need for a physical presence and we will be playing on smaller pitches...

I think Bridges and stewart brought out the best in Wilkshire. Players have to be there on merit, the best team has to be selected for particular matches. We have a smaller squad than we have been used to and there is no reason that just about all the players can be kept happy.

No player likes not playing, Brooker was benched yesterday but this won't alsways be the case. Injuries and suspensions etc will soon take their toll and we need players more than ready to fight for their places, no one should assume they are an auto choice. Although some may be more likely to start than others. there can be no room for complacency.

Don't forget it was less than a year ago that brooker arrived and managed to push out Heff, Miller & Gillespie. I hope he realises how they felt. He made the partnership with Lita work and he must now work hard and do the same again. Gillespie seems to be pushed down further but he must do the same to be picked.

I'm not convinced Brooker should start.

Admittedly, he gave us an extra dimension when he came on and got stuck in, but I think we need to change our strategy to accommodate Stewart and Bridges.

Forget the high looping crosses hoping that Brooker might get on the end of one. We need to concentrate on low, pacy crosses that strikers of Stewart's and Bridge's ability can latch on to and deflect into the net.

Smith looks the biz to make that sort of cross and I'm confident he will score a few from midfield this season. We just need to get Cotterill to start firing them in low.

We don't have a target man (not even Brooker - he's only about 5'11") so why do we keep flinging in high droopy crosses? dunno.gif

I agree Brooker must start after his form, aerial threat and goals last season - he is a top striker who doesn't deserve to be on the bench the rest of the season. Stewart has no devine right to be automatically selected just because of his status. If one of Bridges or Stewart does not deliver the goods then Brooker has a great chance.

Archived