IGNORED

Doncaster

SimplyRed

Having read through most of the posts since the game, I have to say that a lot of people have been justifying our draw by implying that Doncaster were a side that were going to finish "up there".

That may be so, but I think we should realise that we will see several sides far better Doncaster at the gate this season.

We cannot afford to feel 'satisfied' with a draw and I hope this includes the manager, the team and the board. Though it may have been a 'fair result' on the day, we MUST NOT start dropping points at home.

Our home form last season was abysmal and cost us promotion. Any slip up at home this season should be met with extreme concern and a determination to analyse what went wrong and make sure it doesn't happen at the next home game.

Doncaster will be one of the more organised, tougher to break down teams to visit the Gate this year and will finish top 6 on todays showing.

The only teams that will be tougher home opposition will be Gillingham and potentially Tranmere. I expect Ronnie Moore will have his Oldham team organised as well.

I agree with your comments in principle, we should be going into every home game with an attacking mentality looking for 3 points. However i was satisfied with a point today purely on the basis that it was the first game of the season and the players will take time to gel.

If it wasnt for the crossbar we would have picked up no points so lets not be parading the 'why didnt we pick up 3' banner just yet!

Archived