IGNORED

Smoking....

Mrdc

I started a similar post at around the same time last year. We were promised that this policy would be reviewed. It'll be interesting to post the question of smoking onto the SL board when its up and running to see if it has been reviewed. Its a digusting habit which has been banned at many grounds around the country. Why City have yet to ban it is beyond me??? blink.gif

Every time this comes up I wonder why it's so complicated.

Just make some blocks smoking and some non smoking, do it before people buy season tickets and split them fairly so that there's a decent view for either.

Don't think it's rocket science.

Nibor

Just make some blocks smoking and some non smoking, do it before people buy season tickets and split them fairly so that there's a decent view for either.

Agreed.

50% of every stand could be made that way.

Problem is, next you will have arguments that smokers get the worse seats or vice-versa.

It is time the board acted on this though. Although i'm a smoker, I accept it is unsocialable and would, quite frankly, welcome a ruling so that we are all clear where I can stand to continue my filthy, life-shrinking, yet wholly satisfying habit! biggrin.gif

• Admin
Agreed.

50% of every stand could be made that way.

Problem is, next you will have arguments that smokers get the worse seats or vice-versa.

It is time the board acted on this though.  Although i'm a smoker, I accept it is unsocialable and would, quite frankly, welcome a ruling so that we are all clear where I can stand to continue my filthy, life-shrinking,  yet wholly satisfying habit!  biggrin.gif

Either split each stand down the middle with one half smoking/the other half non-smoking or create a "middle 50%" which I personally would be happy to give to non-smokers......the middle bit often affording the best views.

If smoking was as harmful as the anti's make out, everyone who has ever smoked would be dead!

Why can't we have a choice, i.e. areas of the ground where you can smoke the foul weed of Satan, and also desegnated Pubs where you can partake in your vice?

If the Landlord and staff are smokers, where's the problem, as long as folks had the option to go down the road for a smoke free environment, with the yoghurt knitters, and the like, what's the problem?

I think you would see which were the most popular, that's why our beloved P.C. mental Government, wish to rule every aspect of our lives, and make it a blanket ban.

Sad but true I feel.

Just a final note, that when I started going to football 1000 years ago, I actually enjoyed the smell of the place, and the smoke just added to the atmosphere.

I was ultra fit throughout my youth, and when I was old enough to know better, I started smoking!

I blame City. doh.gif

Non smoking in pubs was recently voted as the best feature of living in Ireland - this was a vote by the same Irish people who used to think that it would be a disaster.

Yes smoking was banned in Irelands pubs and clubs and many other places, but, what was NOT mentioned is that infact it has failed badly, and now most landlords and club owners tend to turn a blind eye to smoking, as they lost loads of money when this ruling was bought in as it was found that even some non smokers stopped going as it was not as sociable as it used to be.

The company i used to work for used to have a posh non smoking room, tv, micro wave, fridge, kettle, food machines, most mod cons, but we also had a tiny room, with just a tv, 2 tables and 8 chairs, it used to be packed not because we were all smokers but the non smokers admitted it was more socible and friendly in there than thier plush non smoking room where no one spoke to anyone else?. dunno.gif

• Admin
Yes smoking was banned in Irelands pubs and clubs and many other places, but, what was NOT mentioned is that infact it has failed badly, and now most landlords and club owners tend to turn a blind eye to smoking, as they lost loads of money when this ruling was bought in as it was found that even some non smokers stopped going as it was not as sociable as it used to be.

The company i used  to work for used to have a posh non smoking room, tv, micro wave, fridge, kettle, food machines, most mod cons, but we also had a tiny room, with just a tv, 2 tables and 8 chairs, it used to be packed not because we were all smokers but the non smokers admitted it was more socible and friendly in there than thier plush non smoking room where no one spoke to anyone else?.  dunno.gif

See, us smokers are the life-and-soul of any social gathering. Bow down before us!

whistling.gif

Guest mrmatdavidge21
Sorry to moan already but this really got my goat yesterday!

Sat in high in Dolman Block D (season tix holder for 8 years now), there were 3 people in row in front who just spent the entire game smoking and blowing their smoke behind them!

By the time I got home I stank of cigerette smoke and had to wash clothes had only put on fresh on Sat lunchtime!!

If you have to smoke please, please could you wait until half time and then go and stand at the top of the stand away from everybody else!!  I am not hugely anti smoking in pubs etc as you can move around, but in an all seated football football stadium you cant do anything about it!!!!

I do really hope AG becomes non smoking soon!!!

You only live once!

Football, Beer, Fags Women!

The order of life!

That's a pretty special life you lead there...

Smoker's are great with their pathetic arguments FOR smoking... (ie but people drink don't they? Are you going to ban that too, or fat people annoy me shall I ban them too...). The thing is, someone drinking doesn't affect those around them's health. doh.gif

Most people I am sure are considerate with their smoking.. and fair doos to you but many (the ones that are noticed) aren't. I'd say that it would be reasonable to ask smokers to smoke when not in their seats... they can just go to the bar area.. no big deal.

And you only live once? True... but why not go skydiving, or hot air ballooning if you want to be outragous. Why choose to smoke to be "a bit of a rebel" when there are so many other - funner ways to take a risk.

Archived