IGNORED

The "family" Club At It Again...

Red Cloud

one of the posts -

taken from the Barnet Forum:-

As the father that was attacked with his 11 year old son, then i will put the facts right.

I had parked my car in the Queens car park and was walking past the BP garage talking to my two boys about what a great season we can expect after watching that display on the pitch and how unlucky we were not to have taken all 3 points.

As we got to the pub the Bristol Rovers supporters shouted at me "come on then, we are up for a fight", then they started throwing punches at me.I told them that I want no trouble as I have my kids with me and then the Bristol Rovers thugs offered to look after my little 11 year old son so I could be free to fight them. I told them to *** off as by now my 15 year old son had got frightened and run away for fear of being beaten up too. I then noticed that the Bristol thugs then ran to a large man who was just walking past minding his own business and really went to town on him.I took that opportunity to grab my youngest and run into the Queens for his safety then i was able to search for my other son. by now that other man was lying motionless on the driveway to the BP garage bleeding from his head.

The fans causing trouble were all Bristol fans as they told me that Barnet fans have been asking for trouble from taunting throughout the match.

My boys have been trumatised by the whole nasty experiance, and no longer want me or them to attend Barnet games as they have been let down by the Barnet police.It took ages to convince my 11 year old to come out from behind the bar in the Queens as he felt unsafe to come outside incase there was still no Police present.

I cannot believe that there was not one policeman outside the Queens Head and can only blame the local Barnet constabulary for the injuries that man has recieved and the truma my boys had to go through.

Tony K has done an excellent job both on and off the pitch,and Paul F and the boys made us proud of their proformances on the pitch but all that good work has been ripped apart by the Barnet Police Constabulary as I'm sure that many of the new supporters who was not around last time Barnet FC were in the league may now fear that this is the norm now we have stepped up from the conference.

Tony K, Paul F and the team need our local support both vocally and financially, and it will be interesting to see if this affects the home gates.

I have followed Barnet FC for 27 years and even drove the team coach for 5 years and have never experianced this before where i cant walk past the BP garage with my two sons without getting punched and kicked.

So if you are thinking about not coming again because of this isolated incident, then think again because Barnet is a family club and don't let the thugs win.

The Police told me that they would be around later that night so my boys could point out the main thugs off of their video footage.Its now Sunday and no sign of the Police showing any interest in coming around and sorting out the thugs.

The Police seemed more interested in telling me to be quiet when I was having ago at them for not being there, than upholding law and order.

I have got a summonds to appear in Court this month for using my mobile phone whilst stationary in a traffic jam, yet a man can be kicked senseless by a group of thugs and the police do absolutely ##** ALL beats me.

I wonder if the council had told the Police not to be outside the Queens Head so trouble will happen and maybe win more support to kick Barnet FC out of the Borough.

Surely Beer must be sold in plastic cups from the Queens and the Red Lion as the amount of glass being hurdled around, its amazing not more fans were hurt and injured.

The Police must put their hands up and accept that they got it all wrong saturday and should not charge the Club for their Policemen on saturday as I'm sure that the crowds will drop dramatically now, which will have a damming effect on the financial plight of the football club.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Shhhhhh Liberal Malone will put down his lentals and sunday Guardian and come tell you off if he sees such stuff on here.

That's awful whether Bristol Rovers yobs or any other club real supporters should not be scared to go and watch their team play because of a small group of mindless idiots. This seems to becoming more common after matches especially in league 2 . I've heard about trouble in other clubs after the finale whitslt. Are they trying to let down the good name of the football club or do they actually get a thrill for beating up a man and his family. Its just sick.

I think the Evening Post need to see the account of the Barnet fan and the scum bags that have done this need to be brought to justice. There is no need for it what so ever. If it was a City fan that had done it I'm sure it would be on the front page of the Evil Post as it has been before but nothing of the sort for the sagheads.

Guest C.T.I.D
I think the Evening Post need to see the account of the Barnet fan and the scum bags that have done this need to be brought to justice.  There is no need for it what so ever.  If it was a City fan that had done it I'm sure it would be on the front page of the Evil Post as it has been before but nothing of the sort for the sagheads.

there was a mention of City fans going all the way to Barnet to start trouble rofl2br.gif

We have had three conflicting stories as to how the troubles started ?

=====================================================

1)Barnet fans less than welcoming to Rovers supporters entering the Queens after the game.

2)Rovers fans tried to "take" a Barnet pub.

3) Bristol City supporters waited in the Queens to ambush the Rovers supporters after the game

rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

Have you seen theory 3 ??

1)Barnet fans less than welcoming to Rovers supporters entering the Queens after the game.

2)Rovers fans tried to "take" a Barnet pub.

3) Bristol City supporters waited in the Queens to ambush the Rovers supporters after the game.

Yeah Right on the opening day of the season with a home game they travel to barnet on the off chance of winding up the gas - why do we always somehhow get the blame ??

Archived