IGNORED

Match Officials - Bournemouth

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Referee: Dermot Gallagher - Oxfordshire (Select Group)

user posted image

Asst: Bernard Baker - Hants

Asst: kevin Pike - Dorset

4th Official: Keith Stroud - Hants.

A reasonably rare occurrence, we get a select group referee, Dermot Gallagher has been a select group Ref for over 10 seasons and has officiated in games for all the major tournaments: World Cup, European Championships, European & UEFA Cups and obviously, the premier League.

On the downside, he has overseen two losses and a draw in the three games he has Reffed for us.

On a lighter note, he did have the pleasure of Reffing Cardiff v the Sags in Nov 2000 (FAC), Cardiff winning 5-1.

For what it's worth, his Rate the Ref final league position from the last three seasons has been: 02/03 12th (from 27) 03/04 1st (from 24) 04/05 12th (from 20)

Games/Yellow/Red stats and the games involving us are:

92/93

7 / 9 / 0

93/94 & 94/95

No figures

95/96

21 / 40 / 2

96/97

No figures

97/98

29 / 71 / 2

98/99

33 / 98 / 5

99/00

35 / 89 / 6

00/01

39 / 100 / 8

Swindon 1 v 1 City. Bkd: Carey. Sc: Beadle. Att: 10031. 10/2/01

01/02

34 / 88 / 4

Reading 3 v 2 City. Bkd: Doherty & Lever. Sc: Amankwah & Thorpe. {Lever scored OG) Att: 14060. 10/11/01

City 0 v 2 Brentford. Bkd: Hulbert. Att: 11421. 2/3/02

02/03

35 / 107 / 5

03/04

34 / 77 / 6

04/05

36 / 80 / 5

05/06

1 / 3 / 0

• Admin
Have you noticed that of the two assistants, one is from hants and one is from dorset. Now where is Bournemouth, Oh yes on the Hants/Dorset Border. ranting.gif

To be fair, if you followed these match official posts, you would see that we normally get Lino's (Assistant's if you prefer) from Somerset, Glos or Wilts.

Usually the Ref has the farthest to travel.

To be fair, if you followed these match official posts, you would see that we normally get Lino's (Assistant's if you prefer) from Somerset, Glos or Wilts.

Usually the Ref has the farthest to travel.

Spot on. Last night both linesman and 4th Official were from YOrkshire. Its the norm particularly in the winter months when it makes sense to have local officials due to bad weather etc. smile.gif

Have you noticed that of the two assistants, one is from hants and one is from dorset. Now where is Bournemouth, Oh yes on the Hants/Dorset Border. ranting.gif

Well Bournmouth used to be in Hampshire...... but they moved the county border and it then ended up in Dorset.......... My Missus was born in Hampshire..... i.e Bournemouth but it's now Dorset....... confused?

They stuck Christchurch in for good measure farmer.gif

Well Bournmouth used to be in Hampshire...... but they moved the county border and it then ended up in Dorset.......... My Missus was born in Hampshire..... i.e Bournemouth but it's now  Dorset....... confused?

They stuch Christchurch in for good measure  farmer.gif

Dorchester is quite near as well isnt it DOrsetCider? biggrin.gif

Job = some shifts that coincide with football

+

Job = reasonable wedge

+

Bournemouth = been there a few times

+

City's seven year failure to achieve promotion

= Go to work

Oh well your loss then biggrin.gif I will have to drink all your beers instead. Hopefully you will feel gutted you missed the match come Sunday. Or I will need some cheering up biggrin.gif

Archived