IGNORED

Fortune

Cidergal

So, 2 games into the season and everybody is acting like we've just had the last game of season, and that our hopes of promotion have completely faded away. This is also followed up by critisism of a guy who has had a quite respectable first game, and a MOTM winning second game.

Now why is this? Is it because you genuinely think that he is awful and the reason why we haven't won yet? B ollocks is it. A lot of people on here seem to get great satisfaction from slating a random player.

For a start, this guy is a very good player. He wins nearly everything, is composed around the goal area and plays it out of defence neatly. However, his composure seems to be the thing he is getting critisised most for. Yes the guy looks very awkward and sometimes casual. But the guy looks like that all the bloody time, even when doing something as simple as walking. Did it not occur to you that he just might be his natural way?

Secondly, even if you do think he is rubbish, why groan incredibly loudly at him when he does something slightly wrong, when the groaning is not noticable when any other player makes a mistake? Do you think that's going to make him better having 10 000+ people groaning at him? Actually quite the opposite!

If we are not careful, he's going to have enough of it. Aaron Brown was similary "abused" and look where he's ended up? A bloody better club!

Support the whole team...

And chill out, we'll get it right... cool.gif

city.gif

Now why is this?

Because he simply isn't good enough.

For a start, this guy is a very good player.

No, he's not.

He wins nearly everything,

He can't jump and he has no aggression so doesn't put his size to effect.

is composed around the goal area

He's like bambi on ice.

and plays it out of defence neatly.

Last season he was one of the most guilty for playing long hoofs down field.

Secondly, even if you do think he is rubbish, why groan incredibly loudly at him when he does something slightly wrong, when the groaning is not noticable when any other player makes a mistake? Do you think that's going to make him better having 10 000+ people groaning at him? Actually quite the opposite!

If we are not careful, he's going to have enough of it. Aaron Brown was similary "abused" and look where he's ended up? A bloody better club!

Quite right. I don't condone any abuse of the players while at the games, but it is my right to express my opinion on what is (in my opinion) a below average player on this forum.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

i thnk that in some ways you are right but i think his confidence doesn't look great when he is on the ball (fans don't exactly help), and he is a bit negative and really looks as if he is under immense pressure all the time and is always thinking of how the fans will react to any mistake but he is a top bloke its a shame that he wont play too often this year and i have to say that 400k last summer was well over his value and its a shame he was so committed to city

Couldn't agree more but unfortunately we have a fairly large element of our fan base who simply must have a player/member of staff to abuse in a totally unconstructive manner - i.e. he is crap, he is poor, worst player to wear the shirt etc. This would not change if we played in Yellow and Blue and were called Brazil. Some poor sod would be singled out for criticism. Millen copped for a lot of the stick last year but it was only when the knockers realised that the players actually respect Millen as much, if not more, than Tinnion that they started to shut up.

People are so blind in their criticism of Fortune that we are already getting the situation amongst the knockers that where Fortune makes a mistake, it is Fortune's fault because he is crap whereas any mistake that Heywood makes is caused because he is playing alongside Fortune. Anybody who has played the game at any level will tell you that good players stand out regardless of the dross alongside them so to make statements like that are pathetic and show lack of knowledge.

Unfortunately, all Fortune can do is try and play his way through the current slating and hopefully get Tinnion's support. Then it will be someone else's turn. But what gets me the most is that 99% of the knockers heaped adulation on the lazy bastards of last season called Doherty and Coles just because they are Bristolian - you really couldn't make it up.

i don't rate him and we have got better players waiting to come in  wink.gif

You hope we have! But do you really know that they are better or is it just based on what you have heard or read?

And if I anticipate your reply, (apologies in advance if I've guessed wrongly, but reading your previous posts gives me a good idea as to what it might be) it's no good saying that anybody must be better than Fortune. That's just a cheap shot.

You hope we have! But do you really know that they are better or is it just based on what you have heard or read?

And if I anticipate your reply, (apologies in advance if I've guessed wrongly, but reading your previous posts gives me a good idea as to what it might be) it's no good saying that anybody must be better than Fortune. That's just a cheap shot.

no cheap shot just saying how i feel on his play, i thought heywood and keogh

were or are better based on what i've seen and partridge has just had a call up

for wales so he can't be all bad, we need our best players out playing and if not

why sign them and not play them.

So, 2 games into the season and everybody is acting like we've just had the last game of season, and that our hopes of promotion have completely faded away. This is also followed up by critisism of a guy who has had a quite respectable first game, and a MOTM winning second game.

Now why is this? Is it because you genuinely think that he is awful and the reason why we haven't won yet? B ollocks is it. A lot of people on here seem to get great satisfaction from slating a random player.

For a start, this guy is a very good player. He wins nearly everything, is composed around the goal area and plays it out of defence neatly. However, his composure seems to be the thing he is getting critisised most for. Yes the guy looks very awkward and sometimes casual. But the guy looks like that all the bloody time, even when doing something as simple as walking. Did it not occur to you that he just might be his natural way?

And chill out, we'll get it right...

Very good post, spot on. He was excellent at Huddersfield, it has really annoyed me to see people having a go at him- he was our 2nd best player last night.

He wins nearly everything, is composed around the goal area and plays it out of defence neatly.

Ummm, no he doesnt win nearly everything, rephrase that to wins nearly nothing. Have you actually seen him?

Composed around goal area? more like panics, don't know what to do so dribbles with the ball a bit, hoping he doesnt get tackled.

and If were not carefule he's goina have enough of it? O well, bye bye.

I can't believe this.

This is a guy who, had a chance to do a Anyinsah and Hill and bugger off to Preston - he showed some loyalty and stayed - it's a shame that some of our so-called supporters can't show the same.

And no, I didn't go to Huddersfield but was listening on the radio - and most of what I could hear was telling me that Clayton stopped many a Huddersfield attack. He was given MoTM for goodness sake.

I fear that Clayton is this year's Roberts (except Roberts was crap!) sad.gif

So he showed no ambition?

Clayton is a nice bloke he's great in the dressing room and i'm sure he's the model pro. He made some amazing challenges at hudd but two of them were recovering from his original mistakes.

As Steve Phillips put it he's just not agressive enough on the pitch. He makes everyone nervous around him because he doesn't do the simple things. Clayton is not developing or showing signs of it. He's 22 now when will he start?

So he showed no ambition?

Clayton is a nice bloke he's great in the dressing room and i'm sure he's the model pro. He made some amazing challenges at hudd but two of them were recovering from his original mistakes.

Ah, nice. So he can't win then. Go and he's a disloyal b****** who deserves a career ending leg break, stay and he has no ambition.

Cute

Ah, nice.  So he can't win then.  Go and he's a disloyal b****** who deserves a career ending leg break, stay and he has no ambition.

Cute

I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to leave and develop their career anywhere else ala Ayinsah. if a player turns down a move to a higher division especially at the time when he was in our reserves anyway you have to question his ambition. he can win by developing to his full potential and playing at the highest level posible. I think he made the wrong choice by staying.

Why would anyone want clayton to break his leg and have a career ending injury?

Don't throw silly emotive comments into a rational debate.

Archived