IGNORED

Gelling As A Team.

brisbanecity

Why do so many paople on here talk about the team needing time to gel.

Many teams have new players during the off season but they are still managing to pick up points.

Why should we be any different and accept crap results during this period.

Surely the team must have pulled together as much as any other squad has during pre season.

I think it is an easy yet sad excuse to feel sorry for ourselves when we don't pick up points.

We are not really in a different boat to others only we seem to come up with excuses time after time.

Most teams have at least some new players year in year out so enough of the sob stories and knuckle down to the job at task before it is to late and we are playing catchup football early on in the season........AGAIN!!

city.gif

Many teams have new players during the off season but they are still managing to pick up points.

Surely the team must have pulled together as much as any other squad has during pre season.

I think it is an easy yet sad excuse to feel sorry for ourselves when we don't pick up points.

We are not really in a different boat to others only we seem to come up with excuses time after time.

Most teams have at least some new players year in year out so enough of the sob stories and knuckle down to the job at task before it is to late and we are playing catchup football early on in the season........AGAIN!!

city.gif

Last season a few of my Gas mates pointed out that apart from Rovers, one or two clubs from each division had recruted ten or more players, out of those, probably only Sheffield Wednesday did anything of note, (OK, they had to sack their manager to do it) and I suppose you could say that Spurs did'nt have a bad time either.

Alot more clubs have recruted players, due to the fact that their's more movement between clubs than before, so I suppose whilst I share your concern, it's hardly a suprise we're not hammering teams at the moment..

sad.gif

city.gif

I agree, i don't buy this 'time to gel' excuse - just look at oldham: 8 debutants started in their first game and they beat yeovil 2-0 (cant remember how they did on tuesday night???). We only had 4 in our first game and yet when we draw people say our team needs time to gel! Hmmmm

Archived