IGNORED

Ryan Harley

GeoTheCiderHead

I can't believe that Ryan Harley is not even on the substitutes bench. The bloke is top quality. In all the friendlies I saw him play in he was awesome and would not only help create but would score. A midfielder who can score goals - something Cityu haven't had for a while. OK I no they are only friendlies but this bloke will be a star and I can't see him experiencing any problems cutting it in League one. We've got to give him a chance. I'd play him over Wilko and Skusey in centre midfield anyday or even stick him left winger.

I saw a couple of the friendlies that Harley played in as well (including the bath game where he scored a belter) but he's clearly not the answer right now.

Throwing another inexperienced youngster into a struggling team won't do him or the team any favours at the moment.

One for the future maybe, but we have better options available if we are to change the starting midfield and I would give Brown or Russell a go prior to turning to Harley.

I saw a couple of the friendlies that Harley played in as well (including the bath game where he scored a belter) but he's clearly not the answer right now.

Throwing another inexperienced youngster into a struggling team won't do him or the team any favours at the moment.

One for the future maybe, but we have better options available if we are to change the starting midfield and I would give Brown or Russell a go prior to turning to Harley.

Here mate, it was the youngsters today that were the only ones that made an impression, the rest are here just for the ride!!

Here mate, it was the youngsters today that were the only ones that made an impression, the rest are here just for the ride!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against young players being in the team, but there comes a point when there can be too many in the team at the same time.

It's up to the manager to find the right blend between the youth and experience that we have in the squad, and I just think that there need to be a few experienced players in the first 11 when things aren't going well.

Skuse seems a much better player than Harley fromwhat I have seen and deserves his place in the side and going back to the original post, I cannot see that Harley offers more to the team than Skuse or Brown who are essentially his fellow youngsters or Wilkshire and Russell who have seen much more 1st team action in their careers

Archived