IGNORED

Forward Line

wayne allisons tongues

It appears that our forward line seem to lack a litle pace at the moment. Leroy last season got us out of trouble with his goals and was always a cop out with the big ball over the top.

With the players in the team at the moment we lack the creative touch to get a goal and appear to want to walk it into the net. Now with the deadline only 2 weeks away we have two choices think.

1) Give Gillespie a go and see if he can do a Leroy

2) Go and sign a winger or two who can cross a ball which wil take pressure off the forwards.

The service this season and last from out wide has been awful, and with no cop out ball any more it just keeps coming back from the forwards.

Why did we sell Goodfellow who can cross and not keep Aaron Brown year before also who can cross. Grant Smith is more of a centre midfielder and tries hard out wide but looks lost out there, and Cottrell is playing well but just not has that final ball and is actually a striker.

Tinman needs to sort the wings out and we will then start scoring goals and will not miss Lita at all. Until we have some width feel we may struggle to create muchfor our forwards. They semm to know service is rubbish and are constantly coming back for the ball and when it is in the box no one is there to put it away for they have just played the ball themselves.

Personally reckon Stewart and Bridges will be the perfect front two for us but must be left to form a partnership and not keep changing every game, 3 games 3 forward lines. Last season Brooker and Lita were left alone and formed a partnership the same must happen again.

I think we should either buy a winger on a short term contract or load 1 form a premiership club

Tinman buying more players is probably not the answer I'm afraid to say. It's looking like the Tinman has done his very best and on the whole failed over the last 50 or so games he's had in charge. Problems were covered in part last season by an in form Leroy Lita. Once Leroy Lita did the Judas on Tinman Tinman was left high and dry. I remember Brooker and Lita often being stranded up front last season with poor supply except Bridges and Stewart are not used to poor supply hence no goals so far this season. A loss or draw against Port Vale next week could see Tinman and Millen up against the wall and the Chairman's firing squad.

If I was Steve Lansdown I'd be on the 'phone ringing around for replacements for Tinman and Millen - I certainly would not be ringing around for a winger.

Fair comment red goblin but if we get someone in next week it leaves them one week to get in and out who they want before deadline day, do we take the risk with what we got and hope we get some balls in the box, get a winger and hope for the best or have another complete clearout and hope new guy does job with tools he has already.

Archived