IGNORED

Midfield For Saturday

sambessey

Do you think with wilks and Russell back in, tins will try and get some experience and tenacity in midfield mixed with youth?! i.e. Cotteril on the right, with Wilks/ Russell in the middle (two players who can most definatley get a good ball to the forwards) and Smith on the left wing? I bloody hope so, as I think this could be the formular we need to get our season going- I really think that Russell could be the signing of the summer for us and provide our season with the catalyst it needs, or is this more blind opitimism? city.gifcity.gif

Guest I bleed red 'n' white
MY PREDICTION:

LW: Marcus Stewart

CM: Steve Phillips

CM: Scott Golbourne

RW: Richard Keogh

no way mate phillips is such a right winger do you even support city?

id have Smith on left, Murray on right, and Wilkshire and Russel in middle.

Cotterill clearly cannot cross a ball, Skuse i feel still needs to be bleeded into the team before he becomes a regualr, so only other option for centre is the "free roler" Wilkshire, and no thanks to a Striker on the left TINNION!

id have Smith on left, Murray on right, and Wilkshire and Russel in middle.

Cotterill clearly cannot cross a ball, Skuse i feel still needs to be bleeded into the team before he becomes a regualr, so only other option for centre is the "free roler" Wilkshire, and no thanks to a Striker on the left TINNION!

I agree that Cotterill's distribution needs working on, but SWP isn't a classic crossing winger. Maybe Cotterill should study his game, because they are both quick tricky players.

Getting to the byline for a pull-back would be better than him trying a first time cross.

Cotterill Brown Wilkshire Smith

Unless Russell is fit, in which case

Cotterill Brown Russell Wilkshire

I think Wilkshire is wasted out there to be fair.

I think Smith needs more time to get his crossing right. I don't care if the Swindle fans are saying he isn't a winger, in my opinion you don't need to be an orthodox winger to play out there. If he has the left boot that I've heard he has, he could do well out there.

Wilkshire in the centre controlling things, with Russell in to add experience would do well I think. Brown is a good option to have though.

Archived