IGNORED

Afc Bournemouth 2-0 Bristol City

Rich-TWSC-

I arrived in Bournemouth with the sun shining... I went to a Weatherspoons with my Bournemouth supporting friend... 'Spoonys were asking folk to turn their football shirts inside out. How does that make it harder for 'hooligans' to not know who are the enemy or not? And why did a bloke in an England shirt have to do it? Was he even going to the game?

Anyway, as the afternoon got closer to kick-off the worse the weather got until yards from the Fitness First Stadium the heavens well and truely opened. Walking through the 1/4 full gravel car park to the ground in the pouring rain isn't the most enthralling thing someone who couldn't care less of the final score can go through, but hey I've been in worse situation.

Before the match began the City fans (like away fans everywhere) are the most vocal, in the opening segments of the game the City fans were most vocal... It wasn't to last.

One of the things I was intrigued to witness was how Matt Heywood and Grant Smith were doing at their new club... Smith was on the bench and the first significant thing Heywood did was almost give Bournemouth an early lead... Hmm this was the same old Heywood alright. Yes good in the air but, GOOD LORD, he still frightens me when he's on the ball (the memories). Shaun Taylor, he isn't and never will be.

Bournemouth dominate from early on. On 20 mins they are given a free-kick which causes the mexican wave of anger from the City faithful, sure enough the free-kick is taken, neither Bournemouth or Bristol City remember to touch it and it goes into the bottom corner and it's 1-0 to the home side and they deserved it.

City put a little bit of pressure on, Bridges blasts over the bar from distance and as the half draws to an end the home side seem to be getting tired. City put a bit more pressure on and Bridges and Brooker find themselves on the counter attack with one Bournemouth defender unable to do anything but hope... Luckily for Bournemouth, however, Bridges is a striker, and strikers are selfish... Instead of a lay-on to Brooker which would have made it 1-1 he opted for the chip which Moss saved. Half-Time 1-0... Deserved but it really should have been 1-1. Bridges looked off the pace and had the urge to tug defenders shirts in the first half... One he got away with (which was worse than the one he was done for)

H-T: Swindon 1-1 Nottingham Forest - I'll take the draw.

My feelings at the interval was that you could have EASILY got back in this game and that is the honest truth. But you didn't... Because your new guy did one of the most clear-cut handballs ever! 100% penalty, 100% pointless... It happens to all of us at some point and you wonder why.

2-0 Game Over on 50mins. Tinnion takes off Stewart... there are boos and BRIEF "You don't know what you're doing" chants.

Now, ALL summer I have had to endure the fact that Bristol City had signed a quality player in Marcus Stewart, but did you really sign him to be a below average winger? If so... Oh dear. He was poor today and no bloody wonder if he's going to play there... are your actual left wingers THAT bad?

People love him as manager, people hate him as manager, I don't care. But the decision by your manager to play Stewart there is wrong, fullstop. And I couldn't be happier.

Minutes after the 50th minute penalty, Bournemouth had a goal disallowed for offside (correct decision) and Non-Replica shirt wearing City fans started leaving... Too early for my liking.... But City didn't look like doing anything to be honest... It probably was a case of that dreaded "we are never going to score today" syndrome

The rest of the match saw Bournemouth (who played well) looking comfortable.

FINAL SCORE - 2-0.

Add insult to injury (for me) Swindon beat Nottingham Forest (2-1) for the first time in our history and I wasn't there sad.gif

Points I'd like to make or repeat.

Bridges - Poor. Didn't notice him in the second half.

Phillips - Still needs competition

Woodman - Useless

Golbourne - Much better than Woodman (who's useless)

Stewart - s-t-r-i-k-e-r

Murray - One trick pony which most teams have appeared to have figured out

Cotterill, Skuse & Brown - Genuine promise

Heywood - Donkey. Sure, he won all the headers in the first half and most in the second but the guy will probably not be a member of a Division winning team... Ever.

Brooker - Lots of effort, no service, therefore no point in his type of player in the line-up. Too many in the air balls... Who are you? Swindon!

Your back four looked edgy. And lack the sharpness and solidarity of Wilson's back 4. You beter hurry up and score because as you can see, you will concede more goals this season.

You did miss Lita's pace I'm afraid.. But dare I that say you also missed Heffernan and possibly Miller?

Could be a blip. Could be the beating you need to get some of your players to up their game.

Your performance wasn't horiffic it just wasn't good enough.

I'm sorry.

Was it the Moon and the Square?

I like it in there. A nice way to start off the night, more expensive than Wethers in Poole though.

My mate went into the gravel car park last night and acted the idiot doing spins and stuff after we'd been to the fair across the way.

(I know this has no relevance to your comments, but I'm trying to forget this match!)

Apart from nerviness at the start, I thought the defence was fairly solid. Partridge impressed me on the deck and Heywood made some good aerial interceptions. Bournemouth barely had a chance other than the 2 goals.

The real worry for me is the midfield - we're not creating enough for the forwards and Tinnion is already tinkering with the lineup, suggesting that he doesn't really know how to fix it.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white
I arrived in Bournemouth with the sun shining... I went to a Weatherspoons with my Bournemouth supporting friend... 'Spoonys were asking folk to turn their football shirts inside out. How does that make it harder for 'hooligans' to not know who are the enemy or not? And why did a bloke in an England shirt have to do it? Was he even going to the game?

Anyway, as the afternoon got closer to kick-off the worse the weather got until yards from the Fitness First Stadium the heavens well and truely opened. Walking through the 1/4 full gravel car park to the ground in the pouring rain isn't the most enthralling thing someone who couldn't care less of the final score can go through, but hey I've been in worse situation.

Before the match began the City fans (like away fans everywhere) are the most vocal, in the opening segments of the game the City fans were most vocal... It wasn't to last.

One of the things I was intrigued to witness was how Matt Heywood and Grant Smith were doing at their new club... Smith was on the bench and the first significant thing Heywood did was almost give Bournemouth an early lead... Hmm this was the same old Heywood alright. Yes good in the air but, GOOD LORD, he still frightens me when he's on the ball (the memories). Shaun Taylor, he isn't and never will be.

Bournemouth dominate from early on. On 20 mins they are given a free-kick which causes the mexican wave of anger from the City faithful, sure enough the free-kick is taken, neither Bournemouth or Bristol City remember to touch it and it goes into the bottom corner and it's 1-0 to the home side and they deserved it.

City put a little bit of pressure on, Bridges blasts over the bar from distance and as the half draws to an end the home side seem to be getting tired. City put a bit more pressure on and Bridges and Brooker find themselves on the counter attack with one Bournemouth defender unable to do anything but hope... Luckily for Bournemouth, however, Bridges is a striker, and strikers are selfish... Instead of a lay-on to Brooker which would have made it 1-1 he opted for the chip which Moss saved. Half-Time 1-0... Deserved but it really should have been 1-1. Bridges looked off the pace and had the urge to tug defenders shirts in the first half... One he got away with (which was worse than the one he was done for)

My feelings at the interval was that you could have EASILY got back in this game and that is the honest truth. But you didn't... Because your new guy did one of the most clear-cut handballs ever! 100% penalty, 100% pointless... It happens to all of us at some point and you wonder why.

2-0 Game Over on 50mins. Tinnion takes off Stewart... there are boos and BRIEF "You don't know what you're doing" chants.

Now, ALL summer I have had to endure the fact that Bristol City had signed a quality player in Marcus Stewart, but did you really sign him to be a below average winger? If so... Oh dear. He was poor today and no bloody wonder if he's going to play there... are your actual left wingers THAT bad?

People love him as manager, people hate him as manager, I don't care. But the decision by your manager to play Stewart there is wrong, fullstop. And I couldn't be happier.

Minutes after the 50th minute penalty, Bournemouth had a goal disallowed for offside (correct decision) and Non-Replica shirt wearing City fans started leaving... Too early for my liking.... But City didn't look like doing anything to be honest... It probably was a case of that dreaded "we are never going to score today" syndrome

FINAL SCORE - 2-0.

Add insult to injury (for me) Swindon beat Nottingham Forest (2-1) for the first time in our history and I wasn't there sad.gif

Woodman - Useless

Stewart - s-t-r-i-k-e-r

Heywood - Donkey. Sure, he won all the headers in the first half and most in the second but the guy will probably not be a member of a Division winning team... Ever.

Brooker - Lots of effort, no service, therefore no point in his type of player in the line-up. Too many in the air balls... Who are you? Swindon!

Your back four looked edgy. And lack the sharpness and solidarity of Wilson's back 4. You beter hurry up and score because as you can see, you will concede more goals this season.

You did miss Lita's pace I'm afraid.. But dare I that say you also missed Heffernan and possibly Miller?

Could be a blip. Could be the beating you need to get some of your players to up their game.

I'm sorry.

as much as i hate to admit it i agree 100% with that

Apart from nerviness at the start, I thought the defence was fairly solid. Partridge impressed me on the deck and Heywood made some good aerial interceptions. Bournemouth barely had a chance other than the 2 goals.

Yes. In the air you had it sorted ****il Heywood tired near the end and wasn't going for them anymore) the Bournemouth fans were confident from early on that they'd score... Just on the first minutes alone and sadly for you they were right.

Any of Partridge's positives were wiped by a big negative and Heywood's pace will see you struggle at the back if you coninue playing the way you.

Based on Bridges' performance I hand-on-heart say it wouldn't be the end of the world if you let him go at some point during the season.

[edit] my comments are not to taunt or anything... Just telling it how I saw it. You played 100x better than Swindon did on Tuesday night and we managed 2 goals.

Harley | Smith | Wilkshire | Cotterill

OR

Brown | Russel | Skuse | Murray

mix & match the 2, you get quality midfields. Unfortunately Tinman just don't see it like that...

Based on today I'd take Brown over Skuse any day of the week.

Rich, how close to the penalty incident were you? To be fair to Partridge, it looked like he may have been nudged in the back as he was jumping which caused him to misjudge the header. One mistake like that doesn't cover the fact that he looked pretty solid and like a god acquisition. I think he will make a good partnership with Heywood as Partridge seems to be no slouch and Golbourne and Carey can also cover behind. I agree that Golbourne was much better than Woodman and must start next time.

Rich you were spot on with your comments. Marcus is a striker but he did however say to tinnion that he could play on left midfield as he did so at Sunderland. Rubbish he has no pace and even was at left back at times as he covered for Woodman. PArtridge didnt have a good debut at Bournemouth with a blatent handball what was the guy doing?? Bet your Bournemouth mate was happy. We werent! mad.gif

FINAL SCORE - 2-0.

Woodman - Useless

Stewart - s-t-r-i-k-e-r

I'm sorry.

Rich........ why say sorry...... you just about sum up most if not all the game

Bournemouth did pretty much what I expected them to do and I warned the forum that if you give AFC Bournemouth a chance they will score goals against you.

They are not the most talented of teams but despite selling one or two key players the still have the core of a team that has played together for some years now.

My favorite heard comment at the game was when 'Big Steve Fletcher' out paced our defenders.... someone shouted out

"COME ON CITY YOUR BEING BEATEN TO THE BALL BY STEVE FLETCHER"

Or words to that effect.

The Bournemouth fans where I were sitting were really nice people... There was no ill feeling towards you lot or anyone actually! Do they have a main rival? Some of the comments I heard from them were mainly on how ordinary you appeared to be on the day, my mate said it was one of the best overall Bournemouth performances he'd seen for a long time.

I was pretty much in line to the penalty... I've seen it on Sky and I still think it's a penalty and his reaction suggests error more than foul.

Tis history now.

Rich

Archived