IGNORED

Oh Dear

billybob

Prior to going on holiday I was filled with trepidation by some of the misguided and frankly crass pre season statements issued by BCFC officials including Brian Tinnion, Colin Sexstone and Stephen Lansdown. I honestly cannot recall press releases more likely to end up as total own goals. Great team, great team spirit, great squad, we'll walk this league etc. etc. What complete tosh.

You cannot take the heart out of a club and just replace it overnight. Whatever you may have thought of Bell, Doherty, Coles, Hill etc and especially Lita, they had taken the club to the very brink of success that would surely have come given one more year. I'm sorry chaps, but you just do not get to play for England at any level without being very very special and £1m because he would have gone for nowt in another year don't ring ring true. How much would the club have made by going up this year? More than £1m I'm sure. How short sighted is that? I know all the stories about how much the board subsidise the team but, if I had the dosh, so would I, and when was the last time a BCFC director went belly up cash wise, anyway?

Brian Tinnion was a very, very good player. End of story. If he wanted to go into football management then a spell in non league would have given him the experience he so obviously needs. Time and time again it has been shown that you don't pass your way out of this division. You need big central defenders, a muscular stroppy midfield and a couple of aggressive strikers. Look at Cardif, QPR, Brighton. We may have been better sides than them - and we were, (look at our results against them in their promotion seasons), but who went up?

Players like Bridges and Stewart will perform wonders in Div 1, but not in this, where it's brawn versus brain.

Wake up Board before it's too late.....................

The club is losing millions year after year - I don't blame the board for taking £1m for Lita. In fact I think its very good business when you consider that the money was all up front (as you know these deals are usually packed full of clauses).

Yes - Lita would have scored lots of goals this season. But so should Brooker, Stewart and Bridges. Just in case you've forgotten, Stewart used to be very effective in THIS division not so long ago. Don't start to panic yet - they'll come good.

But you're quite right to say that you cannot change the heart of a team overnight. And thats why we need to be patient this season. We've brought in SEVEN players over the summer and they will need time to settle in.

We all knew that before the season started. We all knew that we faced a tough run of games at the start of the season. Don't start to panic just yet.

(And i really don't want to see Tinnion panic either - keep your nerve !)

Archived