IGNORED

Customer Service - Top Priority ... Not

openEnd

Catering Yes. I wonder if the new Commercial Manager will better Mr R.Gould's performance in getting Clarks pies or 'in-date" food.

Funny thing is Cinker that the catering company do Boltons ground and the likes of the Millenium Stadium. So why are we so crap??? dunno.gif

I believe it will depend where the club bank and the arrangement they have with that bank but; a debit card transaction costs 30p on average. On a credit card it's 4 - 5% depending, therefore 40/50p on a £10 transaction. Therefore the club are making £1.50 / £1.70 on two tickets and the money is in their bank automatically. Gross profiteering?

Its the streamline facility that is so expensive. Streamline charge businesses alot of money to use their facility so I would stab a guess that is why we are being charged so much sad.gif

All banks charge for this facililty the same as they charge for the paying in of cash and writing/cashing cheques. After all us banks have to make lots of money to pay their lurverly staff biggrin.gif

Its the streamline facility that is so expensive. Streamline charge businesses alot of money to use their facility so I would stab a guess that is why we are being charged so much  sad.gif

All banks charge for this facililty the same as they charge for the paying in of cash and writing/cashing cheques. After all us banks have to make lots of money to pay their lurverly staff  biggrin.gif

Now I see Robins72. The extra money is to get the 3 months expired food instead of the 6 months. biggrin.gif

Its the streamline facility that is so expensive. Streamline charge businesses alot of money to use their facility so I would stab a guess that is why we are being charged so much  sad.gif

All banks charge for this facililty the same as they charge for the paying in of cash and writing/cashing cheques. After all us banks have to make lots of money to pay their lurverly staff  biggrin.gif

You are worth the extra Robins72 but when you have to cough upfront for a few tickets for the family not paying a large proportion for the honor makes a difference?

Look at it from another perspective do they want my money v's the additional charges for the booking of?

Bums on seats and all that?

I had a similar customer service incident with him last year, when he refused to refund a ticket that had not been used because of sickness. He showed no compassion then. The guy is an arogant ###### if you ask me. I have no time for him.  mad.gif

I cannot see the problem with this. He cannot refund everyone who doesn't turn up!

And with people like bristolmod, they'll continue with their greedy little scam.

Yes it's a pound, but for the sake of a pound they could have missed out on 2 special offer tickets sales (only £10.00 admittedly), plus countless potential repeated spin offs from the 2 new faces I'm bringing along. More tickets, programmes, refreshments, merchandise etc, etc.

All lost revenue if someone less fanatical about this club had walked out and not returned.

Open End - you and I have discussed this before and I have explained to yuo why I felt the charge was reasonabe and I have attempted to justify the charges being made. I felt that my estimations made previously justified the charges being made by the club (If someone wishes to find the previous post and link please feel free) and I am shocked that this is a problem for you.....

Yes, I am not shocked by you finding it a problem, I am shocked that it has become a problem! Why on Earth have the club upped these fairly unpopular charges by a rate far in excess of inflation (300% in some of the above threads!) since last year?.... It now is excessive to cover costs and I agree entirely that it appears to be pure profiteering. There is no booking fee requirement as we are not using an agent, the charge is purely a credit card charge?!? This for me is wrong.

In answer to your original question, I would be happy to bring this up at the next FCF meeting and I would suggest that you email the FCF address (link main page) with your views. I would suggest that anyone who feels the same does likewise.

It is only a quid... I will pay it, but it will leave a bitter taste!

.. and I am shocked that this is a problem for you.....

Yes, I am not shocked by you finding it a problem, I am shocked that it has become a problem!

Confused, are you shocked or not? rolleyes.gif Any way reading your last paragraph, it would appear you are in agreement? Thanks for offering to raise it at the FCF. I'll email them later this morning.

and I urge everyone who has expressed their annoyance/disgust at this unfair charge to email the FCF at fcf@bcfc.co.uk. Hopefully if there's enough complaints it'll put a stop to the crooked little scam.

I am shocked at what the club have done.  I cannot see the logic behind it.

I am sending my kids (young adults 17 and 19) to vist Bristol from Canada. I paid the quid plus I had to pay full price adult as the club doesn't recognize their student ID. But you know what, it is a great privilege to squeeze in a game and I am happy to pay it..

I cannot see the problem with this.  He cannot refund everyone who doesn't turn up!

It wasnt so much the lack of refund but the inconsistant arogant attitude. A guy from this forum at the time PM'd me to tell me he had a ticket refunded because of sickness. Yet they wouldnt refund mine. The guy is as I said, an arogant ######.

I am shocked at what the club have done.  I cannot see the logic behind it.

Since when did logic come into the equation with most things this board do?

Badge, Catering, This seasons kit (remember the original home), TFG, New Stand, The East End/Home Fans Issue. Thats just of the top of my head.

All I want is a 'feel good factor' back at Ashton Gate, perhaps occasionally feel I'm not having the mickey taken out of my loyalty, to feel even mild appreciation would be a good start. Like I said at the weekend, I've not felt that way since Scott Davidson. We (the fans in general) just seem to have been given the $hitty end of one too many sticks.

OK, I admit the football at the moment aint helping much, but this issue raised it ugly head before Huddersfield and Bournemouth.

Guest Old Red In Exile
Regarding the two £5.00 vouchers that were sent with season tickets. Great incentive I thought, introduce up to 2 people, £5.00 each for the Colchester home game.

Now I know someone who wasn't brought up in a footballing household, has NEVER been to a match before and recently (couple of seasons ago) expressed an interest to go to a game. Anyway for a number of reasons we still haven't managed to arrange it. So when these vouchers dropped through the door, I gave him a call to see if he fancied it. He 'bit my hand off', agreed £5 was great value, he even managed to get his brother to take the other. Fantastic I thought.

So down to Ashton Gate to buy 2 tickets for 2 friends who have never set foot in Ashton Gate before. Everyones a winner I thought.

Whilst waiting in the queue, although not party to the full conversation it was apparent that the man being served was unwilling to pay the Credit/Debit Card surcharge. He walked out without tickets.

So then it's my turn, after filling in the vouchers and choosing seats near mine, the girl said £10.00. I handed over my switch expecting to hear 'We have to charge £1.00 for switch. I don't agree with this charge, and usually pay cash to avoid it, but I was in a hurry and was resigned to paying it.

But this time she didn't say it ..... Instead she said 'We have to charge £1.00 per ticket' . The reason for the other bloke walking out was now perfectly apparent.

So I said £1 on a five pound ticket? I voiced my dissaproval of this excessive charge to the Shop Manager (Steve?), who to be fair wasn't in disagreement with my feelings, he told me to put any complaint to Colin Sexstone.

I walked out without tickets, so that's 2 lost sales in 5 minutes purely on the back of the club's greedy ticketing policy. For a club losing £1,000,000 + per year, where's the sense in this? Why do this club seem to make the purchasing of match tickets  so unattractive?  (no surcharges on merchandising)

Ok, I have since returned, with cash and bought the 2 tickets, and hopefully City will put on a five star performance and perhaps one (or both) or my friends will catch the bug! , but had I not returned (which they can't have guaranteed) 2 potential regular Ashton Gate paying customers lost, maybe forever? The other bloke who walked out, who knows, perhaps he returned, perhaps he didn't?

Shortsighted policies like this make my blood boil.

Anyway as instructed I reported this to Colin Sextone's PR 8 days ago, I was told he was in meetings all day, so I requested a call from CS. His PR put a note in his diary to return my call. Ok I understand he's busy but 8 days and he can't find a 5 minute window to call a supporter with valid concerns on a club policy that HAS forced two supporters to walk out without buying tickets? Thanks very much Colin. I'm so glad we're so high on your list of priorities.

As a side point, has anyone bought large quantities of tickets this season on a credit/debit card? Were you charged £1/ticket and not transaction? Were you happy about it?

I have a small business, and the card charges are as follows :

Mastercard or Visa Card Costs My Businesss between 2.33 and 2.5%

Solo, Switch or Maestro, Etc. between £1.00 and £1.03 per transaction.

I bought 4 tickets for the Doncaster game and paid £4 handling fee for using my Mastercard, which means the CLUB I SUPPORT made £2.25 more profit out of me.

If I had paid by Debit Card, they would have made £3 more profit from me.

I had already paid £30 in Petrol to travel from Wolverhampton and back, and

paid £30 for two exile tickets the week before, which I still haven't received.

Bristol City have a captive market and so can take liberties, which my business cannot. I paid £0.50 per ticket charge at Huddersfield, so much for the Club's theory of parity with other Clubs.

I have just paid another £3 card charge for the privelege of supporting my team at Nottingham Forest, but you won't see me at Home against Port Vale, Barnet or

Colchester. I don't feel like being ripped off and watching crap football. Thank God

I had the privelege to watch the team when Harry Dolman was at the helm, he never ripped me off and the football was much better (even when it was poor).

CUSTOMERS ARE A VALUABLE COMMODITY

HARD TO WIN BUT EASY TO LOSE

AND WE ALL SPEAK TO EACH OTHER

People think they are being ripped off. I would agree if the money was going into the pocket of an individual. It is not. It is going to the club. It is helping to reduce our losses. It is helping to pay players wages. It is helping to pay day to day running costs. It is helping to keep the club afloat.

The practice of charging per ticket for credit card transactions is fairly standard. I recently bought three ferry tickets and had to pay a charge of £2 per ticket even though it was basically one transaction.

I wonder if the ones who are boycotting the club over this issue also think the club lacks ambition. Ambition has to be funded by someone just as staying afloat does.

If I'm going to the club shop to buy tickets and I'm feeling a bit skint, then I go to a bank machine first and pay in cash. If I'm in a hurry or am feeling a bit flush and don't mind putting a bit of extra the club's way, then I'm happy to pay with a card.

Obviously if you can't visit in person, then the cash option doesn't exist, but if you can get down in person, how complicated is it to take a bit of the folding stuff with you? Voila, problem solved.

Since when did logic come into the equation with most things this board do?

Badge, Catering, This seasons kit (remember the original home), TFG, New Stand, The East End/Home Fans Issue. Thats just of the top of my head.

All I want is a 'feel good factor' back at Ashton Gate, perhaps occasionally feel I'm not having the mickey taken out of my loyalty, to feel even mild appreciation would be a good start. Like I said at the weekend, I've not felt that way since Scott Davidson. We (the fans in general)  just seem to have been given the $hitty end of one too many sticks.

OK, I admit the football at the moment aint helping much, but this issue raised it ugly head before Huddersfield and Bournemouth.

Now we can disagree as normal cool.gif

The feel good factor I think came back, the beginning of the doncastor game was like the peak of a cruscendo of excitement for many after a real "feel good" summer. As you say, the football is taking that away... eroding fairly quickly I'd say!

I can see the logic (although an awful design and I don't agree with the logic) behind the new badge idea. I can see the logic behind a new stand. I can also see the logic behind keeping the home fans out of the East End (the minority ruin things for the majority, just look at what happened in the Dolman against Donnie!).

I just can't see the logic behind the increases in these charges.

In answer to DaveL and to the others who say "it's just £1" or "it goes to the club" - I am fully aware of these things and if the club said to me on my way in "'ere, got a quid?" I'd give it to them. I just don't like the pretence. I have given money to the club for nohing before, and I regularly give the club money for things, but I like to know that I get what I pay for (or choose to get nothing).

Pound a ticket, deary me the club really know how to annoy people don't they!!!!!

In the past when i have bought tickets for away games in bulk i.e. 4 coach and match tickets i have had no problem paying the pound surcharge but if its now a pound a ticket, i'll get the cash instead.

One thing i don't yet know from reading this thread is what about coach tickets? Do they count as tickets so 3 match and 3 coach tickets would cost you £6 extra!!!! Scandalous, the average card handling fee is 2.5%, so for a tenpound ticket(!) thats 25p, not a quid.

Now we can disagree as normal  cool.gif

Now there's a surprise online2long.gif

The feel good factor I think came back, the beginning of the doncastor game was like the peak of a cruscendo of excitement for many after a real "feel good" summer.  As you say, the football is taking that away... eroding fairly quickly I'd say!

I disagree this board seem to go out of their way to make the whole BCFC experience as difficult, unattractive and expensive as possible. From ticketing to trying to buy a pie and bovril at half time, although I don't bother trying anymore.

I can see the logic (although an awful design and I don't agree with the logic) behind the new badge idea.

Ahhhh yes the TV backdrops/clarity argument, that's obviously why they decided to put pale blue on pale vomit shirts. The left hand don't know what the right is doing.

I can see the logic behind a new stand.

And so can I, my point wasn't so much about the stand itself, or the reasons for building a replacement for the tatty East End, which I support. It was the selling of debentures and bricks before planning permission was even granted. It still not even a definite goer now due to the funding. On top of that people forced to pay a premium on Season Tickets because of a supposed reduced capacity. It's totally unethical, but they don't appear bothered by that.

I can also see the logic behind keeping the home fans out of the East End (the minority ruin things for the majority, just look at what happened in the Dolman against Donnie!).

As someone who was sat in Block F, and witnessed most of it, disgraceful behaviour, lock them all up, we must do everything possible to prevent another bloodbath like against Doncaster. Get a grip man, It was few dozen lads creating an atmosphere and a few of them standing up resulting in over the top stewarding, big deal. Quite why any fan would wish to be paid for watching a crowd is beyond me anyway. Perhaps they have a fetish for walkie talkies, clipboards and flourescent clothing.

I just can't see the logic behind the increases in these charges.

We agree again ohmy.gif

Pound a ticket, deary me the club really know how to annoy people don't they!!!!!

In the past when i have bought tickets for away games in bulk i.e. 4 coach and match tickets i have had no problem paying the pound surcharge but if its now a pound a ticket, i'll get the cash instead.

One thing i don't yet know from reading this thread is what about coach tickets? Do they count as tickets so 3 match and 3 coach tickets would cost you £6 extra!!!! Scandalous, the average card handling fee is 2.5%, so for a tenpound ticket(!) thats 25p, not a quid.

Coach tickets you say? Get your quid out

Archived